Beta 5 vs original Audio issue

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hi!
      New owner of a DV-Dongle - I installed the Dvtool v1.05 and it works fine, but when I try 2.0 Beta 5 I can see that people are transmitting but don't hear them. Loopback test has no audio either.

      Setup: Its a Win7 Home machine, a Gateway with Realtek HD Audio. Microphone is USB - seems to work with Beta5 as the level indicators light up, just no sound.

      It does display several possible output devices. Tried them all and "default", all are the same, no audio.

      Any suggestions or further questions that could lead to a fix? Would love to run the newer version.

      Thanks 73,
      Pete
      WB0LCW
    • Ryan Kelzenberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
        You may wish to go into your control pannel and look at audio devices
        and make aure that sound playback is set to your speakers. The DV
        Dongle program may not like having the output set to default.

        --
        "..management works in the system, leadership works on the system."
        Stephen Covey
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Pete" <kcpistol59@...> wrote:

          this might be your problem:

          Randy, KF4O
        • Pete Henderson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
            I am running Win7 64-bit, so the issue probably is that partial registry population, thanks for the pointer.

            I'll look forward to a fix in beta 6, but in the meantime is there some manual population I could do to the registry that would dodge the issue?

            Thanks and 73,
            Pete WB0LCW
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
              Hi Pete. The registry issue causes DVTool not to see the DV Dongle. It sounds like there is something going on with your sound card drivers.

              Probably the best solution is to use a USB headset (like the ones from Logitech). They work very well.

              If you'd like to try to figure out what is going on with your sound card, try to capture the debug output in the text window. You'd need to start a command window in the folder where DVTool is installed and start DVTool by hand directing the output to a file. Then send it along to me.

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Pete Henderson <kcpistol59@...> wrote:

              > I am running Win7 64-bit, so the issue probably is that partial registry population, thanks for the pointer.
              >
              > I'll look forward to a fix in beta 6, but in the meantime is there some manual population I could do to the registry that would dodge the issue?
              >
              > Thanks and 73,
              > Pete WB0LCW

            • Pete
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
                Robin:
                Yes, I thought about it later and that's what I decided too. Grabbed a Logitech wireless USB headset and it works great! I will take your suggestion re: debugging and get back to you on what I find.

                Thanks 73,
                Pete WB0LCW