Re: My Possessed DV Dongle

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "atms169" <KE5KAF@...> wrote:

      > I had nothing running at the time but, I did notice when I clicked
      on
      > Firefox to upload a web page it disconnected from the port. So I
      now
      > understand how this is working.
      >
      > I also noticed that I will be connected to a gateway and yet, I have
      > been disconnected from the dongle. So now I watch for the colorful
      > blinking lights on the device to ensure I am always connected. I
      have
      > also noticed that it will disconnect from a gateway while
      listening.
      > Even if I step away from the computer for a few minutes, if there is
      > no activity it just stops working??
      >
      > I am wondering if there is a way to use TCP instead of UDP for at
      > least the acknowledgment to the Gateway itself?
      >
      > Aaron

      TCP is too slow to keep up with the flow. That's why the voice data
      stream between gateways uses UDP as well.

      You should only see the connection drop if 1) your PC is
      insufficiently fast for the app or there are apps hogging the CPU, or
      2) your internet connection is intermittent (or your router is
      flakey).

      I run the app here for hours monitoring the gateway I manage without
      problems.