Re: d star dvdongle

    Message 1 of 17 , May 24, 2012
      Hi Dave. Are you running Windows 7 64? There is a known bug in the FTDI USB drivers that only partially populates the registry entry for USB serial devices on some systems. I'm working on a workaround for beta6.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wickert <dwickert@...> wrote:

      > After a few reboot, I was able to get 1.05 to connect to some reflectors and from time to time I could hear some weird stuff. I could see seem calls come across, but everyone sounded like daffy duck :-) so I do not exactly know what is the problem. This is a fast 64-bit laptop (Lenovo W520, quad core w/ 16GB memory). 2.0B5 still does not see the DV Dongle. Thanks.
      >
      > _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@...)
      >
      > Dave Wickert
      >

      > To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
      > From: ryan.kelzenberg@...
      > Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:06:31 -0500
      > Subject: Re: [DVDongle] Re: d star dvdongle

      > If you have all that setup, in DVTool, once you enter in your
      >
      > callsign, connect to the DVDongle, you may have to change the list of
      >
      > Gateways from Favorites to all.
      >

      > On 5/23/12, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Dave. Make sure that your callsign is entered in DVTool. Also, if you
      >
      > > are not already running the latest beta, download it from:
      >

      > > http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe
      >

      > > and run it to install. That version works much better.

      > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wickert <dwickert@> wrote:
      >

      > >> I am a new user -- both to the DVDongle and to DStar.I registered myself
      >
      > >> and got the approval email from my local DStar repeater. So my call is
      >
      > >> good on the network. Question when running DVTool:The list of gateways is
      >
      > >> not being populated. Loopback audio is OK. Obviously the app returns an
      >
      > >> error when I try to connect. Any suggestions?Thanks.
      >

      > >> _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@)
      >

      > >> Dave Wickert
      >

      > --
      >
      > "..management works in the system, leadership works on the system."
      >
      > Stephen Covey

    • Ryan Kelzenberg
      Message 2 of 17 , May 24, 2012
        Here is a nice list of all the reflectors

        Re001c is very active and lined to many repeaters.

        Ryan Kelzenberg
        Sent from my Ipad

        On May 24, 2012, at 8:30 AM, Dave Wickert <dwickert@...> wrote:

        Thank you Robin.
        After rebooting I was able to finally get a list of gateways (after saving with my call sign filled in :-) )
        Still waiting for my first contact. Is there a reflector that aways has a lot of traffic for me to try this thing out on??

        I tried loading the beta as you pointed to, and it installes OK. But when it starts in the dos box, it gets towards the end and then does not recognize that I have a DV Dongle attached. It gives me a popup dialog box saying that it cannot find a device. Although it is present and it USB beeps and unbeeps as I plug it in and out. So I do not know what the problem is.

        _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@...)

        Dave Wickert

        To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
        From: aa4rc@...
        Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 00:30:11 +0000
        Subject: [DVDongle] Re: d star dvdongle

        Hi Dave. Make sure that your callsign is entered in DVTool. Also, if you are not already running the latest beta, download it from:

        http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

        and run it to install. That version works much better.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wickert <dwickert@...> wrote:

        > I am a new user -- both to the DVDongle and to DStar.I registered myself and got the approval email from my local DStar repeater. So my call is good on the network. Question when running DVTool:The list of gateways is not being populated. Loopback audio is OK. Obviously the app returns an error when I try to connect. Any suggestions?Thanks.
        >
        > _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@...)
        >
        > Dave Wickert

      • Dave Wickert
        Message 3 of 17 , May 24, 2012
          Yup. Win7 64-bit. I will hold off for beta6 then.

          _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@...)

          Dave Wickert

          To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
          From: aa4rc@...
          Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:41:22 +0000

          Hi Dave. Are you running Windows 7 64? There is a known bug in the FTDI USB drivers that only partially populates the registry entry for USB serial devices on some systems. I'm working on a workaround for beta6.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wickert <dwickert@...> wrote:

          > After a few reboot, I was able to get 1.05 to connect to some reflectors and from time to time I could hear some weird stuff. I could see seem calls come across, but everyone sounded like daffy duck :-) so I do not exactly know what is the problem. This is a fast 64-bit laptop (Lenovo W520, quad core w/ 16GB memory). 2.0B5 still does not see the DV Dongle. Thanks.
          >
          > _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@...)
          >
          > Dave Wickert
          >

          > To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
          > From: ryan.kelzenberg@...
          > Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:06:31 -0500
          > Subject: Re: [DVDongle] Re: d star dvdongle

          > If you have all that setup, in DVTool, once you enter in your
          >
          > callsign, connect to the DVDongle, you may have to change the list of
          >
          > Gateways from Favorites to all.
          >

          > On 5/23/12, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Dave. Make sure that your callsign is entered in DVTool. Also, if you
          >
          > > are not already running the latest beta, download it from:
          >

          > > http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe
          >

          > > and run it to install. That version works much better.

          > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wickert <dwickert@> wrote:
          >

          > >> I am a new user -- both to the DVDongle and to DStar.I registered myself
          >
          > >> and got the approval email from my local DStar repeater. So my call is
          >
          > >> good on the network. Question when running DVTool:The list of gateways is
          >
          > >> not being populated. Loopback audio is OK. Obviously the app returns an
          >
          > >> error when I try to connect. Any suggestions?Thanks.
          >

          > >> _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@)
          >

          > >> Dave Wickert
          >

          > --
          >
          > "..management works in the system, leadership works on the system."
          >
          > Stephen Covey

        • Auto_Prof1
          Message 4 of 17 , May 24, 2012
            Just a note, Reflector 001-C has been down since Thursday or Friday of last week.

            Chip - K9MIT

            From: aa4rc@...
            Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 00:30:11 +0000

            Hi Dave. Make sure that your callsign is entered in DVTool. Also, if you are not already running the latest beta, download it from:

            http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

            and run it to install. That version works much better.

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wickert <dwickert@...> wrote:

            > I am a new user -- both to the DVDongle and to DStar.I registered myself and got the approval email from my local DStar repeater. So my call is good on the network. Question when running DVTool:The list of gateways is not being populated. Loopback audio is OK. Obviously the app returns an error when I try to connect. Any suggestions?Thanks.
            >
            > _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@...)
            >
            > Dave Wickert

          • N4ULE
            Message 5 of 17 , May 24, 2012
              I am running DVTool 2.0beta5 on my Windows 7-64 Pro with no trouble. Guess I am just one of the lucky ones.
              Jim Quick N4ULE / NNN0KCS
              n4ule@...
              nnn0kcs@...
              http://n4ule.com

              To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
              From: aa4rc@...
              Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:41:22 +0000

              Hi Dave. Are you running Windows 7 64? There is a known bug in the FTDI USB drivers that only partially populates the registry entry for USB serial devices on some systems. I'm working on a workaround for beta6.

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wickert <dwickert@...> wrote:

              > After a few reboot, I was able to get 1.05 to connect to some reflectors and from time to time I could hear some weird stuff. I could see seem calls come across, but everyone sounded like daffy duck :-) so I do not exactly know what is the problem. This is a fast 64-bit laptop (Lenovo W520, quad core w/ 16GB memory). 2.0B5 still does not see the DV Dongle. Thanks.
              >
              > _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@...)
              >
              > Dave Wickert
              >

              > To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
              > From: ryan.kelzenberg@...
              > Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:06:31 -0500
              > Subject: Re: [DVDongle] Re: d star dvdongle

              > If you have all that setup, in DVTool, once you enter in your
              >
              > callsign, connect to the DVDongle, you may have to change the list of
              >
              > Gateways from Favorites to all.
              >

              > On 5/23/12, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi Dave. Make sure that your callsign is entered in DVTool. Also, if you
              >
              > > are not already running the latest beta, download it from:
              >

              > > http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe
              >

              > > and run it to install. That version works much better.

              > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wickert <dwickert@> wrote:
              >

              > >> I am a new user -- both to the DVDongle and to DStar.I registered myself
              >
              > >> and got the approval email from my local DStar repeater. So my call is
              >
              > >> good on the network. Question when running DVTool:The list of gateways is
              >
              > >> not being populated. Loopback audio is OK. Obviously the app returns an
              >
              > >> error when I try to connect. Any suggestions?Thanks.
              >

              > >> _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@)
              >

              > >> Dave Wickert
              >

              > --
              >
              > "..management works in the system, leadership works on the system."
              >
              > Stephen Covey

            • Gary Plano
              Message 6 of 17 , May 25, 2012
                Ryan,
                Thanks, the beta5 runs great.
                Regards,
                Gary
                W2CEA

                --
                "..management works in the system, leadership works on the system."
                Stephen Covey

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    DVDongle-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    DVDongle-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Message 7 of 17 , May 26, 2012
                  Hi Dave. Please download:

                  http://opendstar.org/tools/listvcp.exe

                  and run it from the command line using "listvcp -v".

                  Then send the output to me directly. That will verify that you have the FTDI driver bug.

                  Anyone else that has this "not found" issue, please do the same.

                  Thanks,