dv dongle on win 64 bit

  • prabin thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2012
      i plugged the dv dongle in my win 7 64 bit os machine it automatically installed then i went for java dv tool it works but it disconnects intermitendly so that i have to press the open tab a lot times
      during qsos. then i installed dv tool beta 5 but it says no ftdi device found plug the dongle how to solve this issue. i tried in my win xp 32 bit every thing works fine
      regards
      prabin
      vu2pol
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2012
        Hi Prabin. There is a bug in the FTDI driver on Windows 7. Sometimes, it places a corrupted entry in the registry causing the DVTool software not to find it. I'm working on a workaround right now and hope to have it available in the next couple of days for the few people that experience this problem.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "prabin thomas" <prabinthomas@...> wrote:

        > i plugged the dv dongle in my win 7 64 bit os machine it automatically installed then i went for java dv tool it works but it disconnects intermitendly so that i have to press the open tab a lot times
        > during qsos. then i installed dv tool beta 5 but it says no ftdi device found plug the dongle how to solve this issue. i tried in my win xp 32 bit every thing works fine
        > regards
        > prabin
        > vu2pol

      • Rudy Benner
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2012
          Great, I will need to watch for that as well.

          ve3bdr rudy

          --- In mailto:DVDongle%40yahoogroups.com, "prabin thomas" <prabinthomas@...> wrote:

          > i plugged the dv
          dongle in my win 7 64 bit os machine it automatically installed then i went for java dv tool it works but it disconnects intermitendly so that i have to press the open tab a lot times
          > during qsos. then i installed dv tool beta 5
          but it says no ftdi device found plug the dongle how to solve this issue. i tried in my win xp 32 bit every thing works fine
          > regards

          prabin
          > vu2pol

        • Rudy Benner
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2012
            For what its worth, just installed to a Win 7 64 bit machine, it found the driver all by itself. Old computer died, most everything was backed up.

            ve3bdr

            Hi Prabin. There is a bug in the FTDI driver on Windows 7. Sometimes, it places a corrupted entry in the registry causing the DVTool software not to find it. I'm working on a workaround right now and hope to have it available in the next couple of days for the few people that experience this problem.

            --- In mailto:DVDongle%40yahoogroups.com, "prabin thomas" <prabinthomas@...> wrote:

            > i plugged the dv
            dongle in my win 7 64 bit os machine it automatically installed then i went for java dv tool it works but it disconnects intermitendly so that i have to press the open tab a lot times
            > during qsos. then i installed dv tool beta 5
            but it says no ftdi device found plug the dongle how to solve this issue. i tried in my win xp 32 bit every thing works fine
            > regards

            prabin
            > vu2pol

          • prabincthomas
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012

              Hai robin I was able to install successfully in a win 7 64 bit PC

              I un installed the drivers and made a system restore

              Then I installed the drivers CDM20823.exe then plugged the dongle at that time win 7 will search for updated drivers from windows update(THAT IS THE PROB OCCURRED)

              You have to skip them manually or disconnect the internet

              Then installation will be fine and dongle will work

              73