Re: ur callsign

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18 3:35 PM
      I really wish we could (hint hint). ;-)

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

      > Hi Geno. The DV Dongle software "links" into gateways/reflectors. That does not use the RF path that is used with callsign routing so you cannot change the URCALL field.

      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Geno" <k8ow@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there any way to enter something other than cqcqcq in the ur call sign field after linking to a repeater. I am trying to trip the call sign squelch on the station I am calling. My software is dvtools 2.0 beta 5.

    • Matt Maguire
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 20 5:03 AM
        Callsign squelch is not callsign routing.

        Are you saying that the current DPlus implementation will only forward stream a stream to the linked destination(s) if the stream explicitly contains CQCQCQ in the companion callsign field? Or will it check the eight character position to see if it is a DPlus command, and will always forward the stream to the linked destination(s) if the companion callsign field does not contain a valid DPlus command string?

        73, Matt VK2ACL

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20 6:08 AM
          Hi Matt. The latter... :)

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 21 6:03 AM
            Thanks Robin, that's what I thought. So, it may make sense to be able to change the UR callsign field from CQCQCQ in DVTool so that you can open the callsign squelch on a radio that can be reached from the dongle via an already established DPlus link.

            However, it seems to me that this would not be a very common use case, which I guess is one reason why a customisable UR callsign field in DVTool is not implemented. I can imagine another reason would be the amount of confusion a customisable UR callsign field in DVTool would cause if people would be trying to use it to do callsign routing and wondering why it is not working.

            73, Matt VK2ACL.