Re: Mac Lion

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11, 2012
      I have this same problem on one of my MACs (MBP) all of the others, works fine. I am wondering it is not a driver issue. The MBP with the problem is the only one that I had to load the drivers to get it to work. The others, they worked fine without the drivers needing to be installed. That makes no sense to me.

      I have seen there are a number of others experiencing the same issue.

      Mark
      WB5SLA

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "christophermatthieu" <chris@...> wrote:

      > Hi Robin,
      >
      > Here is an interested issue for you. I have 2 Macs running Lion (MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air). Both are running the latest ftdichip drivers. My MBP works fine with the DV Dongle but the MBA does not. It connects just fine and then times out shortly thereafter. The blue light disappears.
      >
      > This could be the example that helps us Mac users diagnose the FTDI issue. Do you have any advice on determining the difference in these two installations?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Chris

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 11, 2012
        Armando,
        Did you load the drivers on your MBA? Or, did you have to in order to get the tool to see the dongle?

        Mark
        WB5SLA

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Armando" <ik2xyp@...> wrote:

        > Hi Chris,
        > I have a MBA too with Lion and my DVDongle and DVAP Dongle both work fine.
        > As asked by someone else here, my MBA was Snow Leopard and I installed Lion as the regular update.
        > So my drivers were still there when I upgraded to Lion.
        >
        > Hope this might help your analysis.
        > 73's de Armando, IK2XYP.
        >
        > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "christophermatthieu" <chris@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Robin,
        > >
        > > Here is an interested issue for you. I have 2 Macs running Lion (MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air). Both are running the latest ftdichip drivers. My MBP works fine with the DV Dongle but the MBA does not. It connects just fine and then times out shortly thereafter. The blue light disappears.
        > >
        > > This could be the example that helps us Mac users diagnose the FTDI issue. Do you have any advice on determining the difference in these two installations?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Chris

      • Daniel Codianni
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012