Re: [DVDongle] help

  • Daniel Codianni
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20, 2012
      Hi Brian,

      Are you using a Mac or Windows OS?

      Best,

      kd2alv Dan
      On Feb 19, 2012, at 10:40 PM, aa4rc wrote:

      Hi Brian.

      The "AMBE out of sync" message does not relate to any problem on a gateway. It is telling you that your computer is not keeping up with the serial stream from the DV Dongle.

      What are the specs on your computer? Make sure you are running DVTool 2.0beta5.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "vk2ah" <vk2ah@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I hope someone can anwer a question for me.
      > My local node VK2RDS has had problems from the start.
      > They other day I was usuing my DV Dongle when a this message came up on the screen
      > """AMBE out of sync"""
      > Sometimes when I check to see if there internet is connected I can see myself key up VK2RDS BUT I CANNOT CONNECT WITH THE DONGLE.
      > Most upsetting that this GREAT mode is under used in my location because of many many problesm with the node.
      > Regards Brian Farrar VK2AH

    • vk2ah
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20, 2012
        Hi Dan, I'm not using a MAC. A TOSHIBA Satellite running windows 7.
        The node I use has had MANY issuses and the person looking after it ha sgiven up on it.
        Thanks for you reply.
        Regards Brian VK2AH
        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Codianni <kd2alv@...> wrote:

        > Hi Brian,
        >
        > Are you using a Mac or Windows OS?
        >

        > Best,
        >
        > kd2alv Dan
        > On Feb 19, 2012, at 10:40 PM, aa4rc wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Brian.
        > >
        > > The "AMBE out of sync" message does not relate to any problem on a gateway. It is telling you that your computer is not keeping up with the serial stream from the DV Dongle.
        > >
        > > What are the specs on your computer? Make sure you are running DVTool 2.0beta5.

        > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "vk2ah" <vk2ah@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi,
        > > > I hope someone can anwer a question for me.
        > > > My local node VK2RDS has had problems from the start.
        > > > They other day I was usuing my DV Dongle when a this message came up on the screen
        > > > """AMBE out of sync"""
        > > > Sometimes when I check to see if there internet is connected I can see myself key up VK2RDS BUT I CANNOT CONNECT WITH THE DONGLE.
        > > > Most upsetting that this GREAT mode is under used in my location because of many many problesm with the node.
        > > > Regards Brian Farrar VK2AH

      • vk2ah
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 20, 2012
          Hi Robin, Thanks for the reply.
          Ive replyed direct to you as well.
          Thanks for the info.
          All I have to do now is get the dongle to work on this computer.
          The computer does NOT find the dongle just as well the laptop does.
          Regards Brian VK2AH