Re: registration

  • Martin Higgins
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2012
      Here in the UK we tend not to allow people to self-register and instead ask for them to fill out a web-form or email with their details and then the Repeater Keeper (Administrator) adds the callsign and terminals. This saves on the end-user making mistakes. This seems to work.

      The only downside is with the added simplex nodes (hotspots) and DVAP/DVDongle users there is an increase of people asking to be registered simply because they do not have a local "repeater" where they can register. I tend to track the most local system for them and provide the contact details ask them to register there instead of me processing it.

      Martin MM0DUN
      www.gb7dd.co.uk
      www.mm0dun.tk