Re: [DVDongle] registration

  • Stanley Hess
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2012
      Hi Dave,
      You appear to be already registered at GB7IC. You have no terminals added.

      If you add the "space" entry there the system should then see you as
      "registered"

      Hope that helps,

      Stanley Hess N3KDA
      K3PDR Gateway Admin
      Philadelphia, PA USA

      On 2/7/12, dblackmanwells <dblackmanwells@...> wrote:
      > Hi I i have registered my dongle with icom uk for GB7JH,i can receive but
      > not transmit i'i'm told it can take 3 days for things to come up on the
      > system,is this correct i've heard of others who've waited up to three
      > weeks,thanks for your assistance,David G1WXC.

    • Brian Naylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2012
        So far I see you registered. You will need to log back into the registration to set up your terminal(s).

        '73 Brian KF4IRC

        On 2/7/2012 1:54 PM, dblackmanwells wrote:

        Hi I i have registered my dongle with icom uk for GB7JH,i can receive but not transmit i'i'm told it can take 3 days for things to come up on the system,is this correct i've heard of others who've waited up to three weeks,thanks for your assistance,David G1WXC.

      • Martin Higgins
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2012
          Here in the UK we tend not to allow people to self-register and instead ask for them to fill out a web-form or email with their details and then the Repeater Keeper (Administrator) adds the callsign and terminals. This saves on the end-user making mistakes. This seems to work.

          The only downside is with the added simplex nodes (hotspots) and DVAP/DVDongle users there is an increase of people asking to be registered simply because they do not have a local "repeater" where they can register. I tend to track the most local system for them and provide the contact details ask them to register there instead of me processing it.

          Martin MM0DUN
          www.gb7dd.co.uk
          www.mm0dun.tk