Re: [DVDongle] D Port DV Dongle

  • Matt Maguire
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2012
      By doing this, you are consuming internet bandwidth on your local repeater, and are possibly preventing others from using the repeater. A better idea would be to use a reflector.

      73, Matt VK2ACL.

      On 04/02/2012, at 2:19 PM, vk2ah wrote:

      Hi All,
      I have a regular contact with the friend in Florida.We sometimes chat for over 30 or so minutes!!!!
      When he calls on my local repeater we go to PORT D, on the dongle and have a PRIVATE QSO and then others can use the repeater.
      What do other think of this idea???
      Regards Brian VK2AH

    • Woodrick, Ed
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2012

        Also, there is no such thing as “private” in Amateur Radio.

        And if the two of you are talking to each other using DVDongle, then just move to Skype instead.