ur callsign

  • Geno
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
      Is there any way to enter something other than cqcqcq in the ur call sign field after linking to a repeater. I am trying to trip the call sign squelch on the station I am calling. My software is dvtools 2.0 beta 5.
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2012
        Hi Geno. The DV Dongle software "links" into gateways/reflectors. That does not use the RF path that is used with callsign routing so you cannot change the URCALL field.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Geno" <k8ow@...> wrote:

        > Is there any way to enter something other than cqcqcq in the ur call sign field after linking to a repeater. I am trying to trip the call sign squelch on the station I am calling. My software is dvtools 2.0 beta 5.

      • Phil
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2012
          I really wish we could (hint hint). ;-)

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

          > Hi Geno. The DV Dongle software "links" into gateways/reflectors. That does not use the RF path that is used with callsign routing so you cannot change the URCALL field.

          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Geno" <k8ow@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Is there any way to enter something other than cqcqcq in the ur call sign field after linking to a repeater. I am trying to trip the call sign squelch on the station I am calling. My software is dvtools 2.0 beta 5.

        • Matt Maguire
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 20, 2012
            Callsign squelch is not callsign routing.

            Are you saying that the current DPlus implementation will only forward stream a stream to the linked destination(s) if the stream explicitly contains CQCQCQ in the companion callsign field? Or will it check the eight character position to see if it is a DPlus command, and will always forward the stream to the linked destination(s) if the companion callsign field does not contain a valid DPlus command string?

            73, Matt VK2ACL

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 20, 2012
              Hi Matt. The latter... :)

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 21, 2012
                Thanks Robin, that's what I thought. So, it may make sense to be able to change the UR callsign field from CQCQCQ in DVTool so that you can open the callsign squelch on a radio that can be reached from the dongle via an already established DPlus link.

                However, it seems to me that this would not be a very common use case, which I guess is one reason why a customisable UR callsign field in DVTool is not implemented. I can imagine another reason would be the amount of confusion a customisable UR callsign field in DVTool would cause if people would be trying to use it to do callsign routing and wondering why it is not working.

                73, Matt VK2ACL.