DV Tool on a PowerPC Mac

  • Jess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2012
      Hi All:

      I brought an older, Power PC iMac home from my office since we have no
      business use for it any longer. It was a fine FileMaker Pro server for
      several years! Great computer, except the PPC chip runs as hot as a
      frying pan! The box makes much more noise that it otherwise might
      thanks to having to push a hurricane past the PPC processor!

      I tried downloading and running various versions of DV Tool yesterday
      evening but I was unsuccessful getting anything to run.

      Is there still a version of DV Tool that will run on a PPC Macintosh?

      I did find FTDI drivers said to support the version of OS X which that
      box uses so I suspect that the drivers are not the problem.

      Any thoughts?
      Jess ND1L

      p.s. I can run my DV on other computers if necessary Aside from my
      PC's, DV Tool runs just fine on my Intel-based Macbook Pro which, by the
      way, I decided NOT to upgrade to Lion because Lion doesn't support my
      (older) MS Office applications... and now that I see that folks are
      having touble running DV Tool under Lion I'm doubly glad I didn't!

      jg