Re: No DV Dongle found!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2012
      You will probably need to run the utility ftdiclean from the ftdi web site (if it is still there).

      I've written a little program that reads your registry and shows the FTDI related info. You can download it from:

      http://opendstar.org/tools/listvcp.exe

      You will need to run it from a command window. If you run it with no arguments, it will display com ports and FTDI serial numbers. If you add any argument (like "listvcp debug"), it will give a lot more detail. Try running the command with the debug option and email the result directly to me (not the list).

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <k4mnj@...> wrote:

      > Tried all of the above. I get the same error. 2.0 Beta 5 won't find the device.
      >
      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Woodrick, Ed" <ewoodrick@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'd recommend, while connected to the Internet....
      > >
      > > Right Click My Computer - then Select Manage
      > > In Computer Management, select Device Manager
      > > Select Ports (Com and LPT)
      > > While the DVDongle is plugged in, Select the device that you believe is the DVDongle (if you unplug it, it should go away)
      > > Right Click, Select Uninstall and go through any dialogues that might appear.
      > >
      > > Unplug the DVDongle, wait a minute, then plug it back in. The drivers should install automatically - MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET!
      > >
      > > Some folks have had issues with some USB ports, so you may want to go through the process again, using another port.
      > > Also, for troubleshooting, you do not want to use a USB hub, and you probably want to remove any other USB devices connected.
      > >

      > > ED WA4YIH

    • BEDFORD NEIL
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2012
        Driver site:

        http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

        There is also a driver installation guide at the top.

        http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm

        This has a removal procedure at: CDM Uninstaller 1.4, 5 boxes down.

        Neil G7EBY.