Re: [DVDongle] Dstar registering

  • DAVE (mw0ruh)
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012
      Where are you?

      what’s your callsign?

      i’ll try to help you.

      DAVE

      From: Lricha
      Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 12:27 AM
      Subject: [DVDongle] Dstar registering

      Have been trying to get registered for three years---no luck. I would
      think that when someone buys a product they would help one how to
      use that product or pass ones info on to a Dstar repeater.

      Any have any ideas?

    • Matthew Pitts
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012
        Go to http://www.dstarusers.org and look for the link called "Joining the network". That should tell you what you need to do to get registered; that site also has a list of quite a number of D-Star repeaters with links to their registration pages.

        Matthew Pitts
        N8OHU
        Sent from my Wireless Device

        From: Lricha <lricha2001@...>
        Sender: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:27:42 -0800 (PST)
        To: <DVDongle@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com

        Have been trying to get registered for three years---no luck. I would
        think that when someone buys a product they would help one how to
        use that product or pass ones info on to a Dstar repeater.

        Any have any ideas?

      • Woodrick, Ed
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012

          Where are you are you at and where have you tried to register?

          Have you attempted to follow the instructions at http://www.dstargateway.org/D-Star_Registration.html ?

          Where did you buy your DVDongle from?

          Ed WA4YIH

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012
            I  am in Chicago.
            WJ9M

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012
              I trie  registering when the DV dongle first came out. At the time nothing
              seemed to come of it. So I dropped the thing hoping that things would
              update to a much simpler process, all the time watching all the dongle
              emails coming with everyone having big-time troubles. When I saw this
              new update out I tried again but now getting the message in the large
              black window saying "transmission permitted" So I just kept listening
              to conversations like a non-licensed listener.  If I was registered --- don't
              know where after these three  or more years, I don't know where and
              was never acknowledged of the fact----no communication atypical of
              ham radio people.

              Donald Richard  WJ9M
              3344 S. Indiana Ave
              Chicago IL 60616

              P.S. Any authenticity of my license can be found at the government entity
              and at QRZ as well as Buckmaster and W5YI VE and arrl VE

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012
                I can register you on the K6MDD System.

                Tim

                Tim Barrett
                K6BIV

                K6MDD Mt. Diablo D-Star Trustee
                k6mdd@...

                1284.2000Mhz   -12MHz  D-Star Voice
                1249.0750Mhz    Simplex   D-Star HS Data
                147.4750Mhz     -1.000MHz    D-Star Voice

                K6PIT    Pittsburg TRBO Trustee
                440.1250Mhz +5Mhz MotoTRBO

                Phone: 925 427-5197

                This communication is for the intended recipient only and contains information that may otherwise be privileged or confidential. Any use, copying, alteration or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, for any other purpose is strictly prohibited without the permission of the sender.

                On Jan 20, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Lricha wrote:

                I  am in Chicago.
                WJ9M

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012

                  http://www.ns9rc.org/d-star/ lists a registration request form. This is a Chicago area club.

                  --
                  Brian Naylor KF4IRC
                • David Boniface
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012
                    Seems like you expect someone to do everything for you and not try to help yourself! Thousands of dongle users, myself included, have used the device since it was introduced on different machines without problem. Stating that everyone has "big-time troubles" is ridiculous, the few problems which do arise are usually related to operator error or PC or cable issues. There is plenty of information out there to advise you on how to set it up yourself as most others have done; try it and see, it's not difficult.
                    David JG1CYJ

                      Have been trying to get registered for three years---no luck. I would
                      think that when someone buys a product they would help one how to
                      use that product or pass ones info on to a Dstar repeater.

                      Any have any ideas?

                      Your wrong zxx as you are about most things.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 21, 2012
                        Ok, folks. Let's keep this professional... :)

                        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, ROBERT FAREY <robert.farey@...> wrote:

                        > Your wrong zxx as you are about most things.

                      • BEDFORD NEIL
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 21, 2012
                          This is not personal, its mistaken identity!

                          We have a station with the same name over here who is not in any way interested in D-Star.

                          QRZ the callsign Robert.  How are you anyway, long time no speak?  Send me a mail or something and I'll update you on the (lack of) progress on the local repeater :-)

                          Neil G7EBY.