Dstar registering

  • Lricha
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012
      Have been trying to get registered for three years---no luck. I would
      think that when someone buys a product they would help one how to
      use that product or pass ones info on to a Dstar repeater.

      Any have any ideas?
    • DAVE (mw0ruh)
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012
        Where are you?

        what’s your callsign?

        i’ll try to help you.

        DAVE

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012
          Go to http://www.dstarusers.org and look for the link called "Joining the network". That should tell you what you need to do to get registered; that site also has a list of quite a number of D-Star repeaters with links to their registration pages.

          Matthew Pitts
          N8OHU
          Sent from my Wireless Device

          From: Lricha <lricha2001@...>
          Sender: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:27:42 -0800 (PST)
          To: <DVDongle@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com

          Have been trying to get registered for three years---no luck. I would
          think that when someone buys a product they would help one how to
          use that product or pass ones info on to a Dstar repeater.

          Any have any ideas?

        • Woodrick, Ed
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012

            Where are you are you at and where have you tried to register?

            Have you attempted to follow the instructions at http://www.dstargateway.org/D-Star_Registration.html ?

            Where did you buy your DVDongle from?

            Ed WA4YIH

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012
              I  am in Chicago.
              WJ9M

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012
                I trie  registering when the DV dongle first came out. At the time nothing
                seemed to come of it. So I dropped the thing hoping that things would
                update to a much simpler process, all the time watching all the dongle
                emails coming with everyone having big-time troubles. When I saw this
                new update out I tried again but now getting the message in the large
                black window saying "transmission permitted" So I just kept listening
                to conversations like a non-licensed listener.  If I was registered --- don't
                know where after these three  or more years, I don't know where and
                was never acknowledged of the fact----no communication atypical of
                ham radio people.

                Donald Richard  WJ9M
                3344 S. Indiana Ave
                Chicago IL 60616

                P.S. Any authenticity of my license can be found at the government entity
                and at QRZ as well as Buckmaster and W5YI VE and arrl VE

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012
                  I can register you on the K6MDD System.

                  Tim

                  Tim Barrett
                  K6BIV

                  K6MDD Mt. Diablo D-Star Trustee
                  k6mdd@...

                  1284.2000Mhz   -12MHz  D-Star Voice
                  1249.0750Mhz    Simplex   D-Star HS Data
                  147.4750Mhz     -1.000MHz    D-Star Voice

                  K6PIT    Pittsburg TRBO Trustee
                  440.1250Mhz +5Mhz MotoTRBO

                  Phone: 925 427-5197

                  This communication is for the intended recipient only and contains information that may otherwise be privileged or confidential. Any use, copying, alteration or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, for any other purpose is strictly prohibited without the permission of the sender.

                  On Jan 20, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Lricha wrote:

                  I  am in Chicago.
                  WJ9M

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012

                    http://www.ns9rc.org/d-star/ lists a registration request form. This is a Chicago area club.

                    --
                    Brian Naylor KF4IRC
                  • David Boniface
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 20, 2012
                      Seems like you expect someone to do everything for you and not try to help yourself! Thousands of dongle users, myself included, have used the device since it was introduced on different machines without problem. Stating that everyone has "big-time troubles" is ridiculous, the few problems which do arise are usually related to operator error or PC or cable issues. There is plenty of information out there to advise you on how to set it up yourself as most others have done; try it and see, it's not difficult.
                      David JG1CYJ

                        Have been trying to get registered for three years---no luck. I would
                        think that when someone buys a product they would help one how to
                        use that product or pass ones info on to a Dstar repeater.

                        Any have any ideas?

                        Your wrong zxx as you are about most things.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 21, 2012
                          Ok, folks. Let's keep this professional... :)

                          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, ROBERT FAREY <robert.farey@...> wrote:

                          > Your wrong zxx as you are about most things.

                        • BEDFORD NEIL
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 21, 2012
                            This is not personal, its mistaken identity!

                            We have a station with the same name over here who is not in any way interested in D-Star.

                            QRZ the callsign Robert.  How are you anyway, long time no speak?  Send me a mail or something and I'll update you on the (lack of) progress on the local repeater :-)

                            Neil G7EBY.