Re: [DVDongle] Data

  • Matthew Pitts
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2012
      Hello Daniel,

      Yes, it is GPS data, though it's GPS-A mode rather than the normal GPS. This part is the transmitted position: 3755.00N/08433.42W; the rest of the data is probably related to the specific Icom radio in use (an Icom IC-31A, to be precise), which includes information on the user of the radio (AI4W is the user's callsign). I don't have any links to documents on this, so if someone else in the group does, I hope they will provide them.

      Matthew Pitts
      N8OHU
      (A fellow Dongle user)

      Sent from my Wireless Device

      From: "Daniel" <kd2alv@...>
      Sender: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:40:08 -0000
      To: <DVDongle@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [DVDongle] Data

      Hi,

      $$CRC2278,AI4W>API31,DSTAR*:!3755.00N/08433.42Wj020/036/A=001067PAT IC31HT AI4W@...

      I am a new DV Dongle user and am pretty sure that this is GPS. Now how can I make this info meaningful. Could you direct to some literature on the subject.

      Thanks in advance.

      Dan
      HK3DC & KD2ALV

    • kj6oio
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2014

        How do I convert the data that is received into a readable form?

        Thanks for the help.

        Carlton