RE: [DVDongle] DVTool 2.0beta5 released

  • Edmonton Fire Radio
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 1, 2012

      Hi, Robin.

      Thank you for the new year gift. Installation went very painlessly. The software brought my favorites list into the new version and after the install I was ready to plug and play.

      One thing I’ve noticed was that, at least on my system, if the windows font setting is anything other than 100%, the font in the program moves off of the buttons in DVTools. It’s easy to correct, simply change the windows font settings back to 100%, but if someone has older eyes that need the larger font, the program won’t look quite right on their monitor.

      The audio level meter is a great addition. May be a little confusing as it’s always hot, not just when we are transmitting. But a nice addition none the less.

      I really like the additional fields at the bottom of the window (gateway call sign, TX call sign, etc.

      So far after running the program for a couple of hours it has been flawless. I will let you know if I come across any problems but I think you’ve hit a home run with this version.

      73 de Jeff VE6EFR

      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 12, 2012
        I just recently purchased the DV Dongle.  I do like the software, with one exception.  I have "low vision" and have to set the resolution of my laptop so I can see things good.  When I use the DV Tool at the resolution not all of the componets show up, and I cant seem to "widen out" or resize the window so I can see everything.  Is this just a problem with my laptop or does something else need to be done.  I have a couple of other friends with low vision who stated that they have the same problem.  Otherwise, the software is GREAT!  Thanks.

        KJ4TVL