Re: [DVDongle] Re: MacBook Air

  • Daniel Codianni
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 21 7:52 AM
      Hi Robin,

      Thanks for clarification.

      Best,

      dc
      On Dec 21, 2011, at 10:48 AM, aa4rc wrote:

      By "type entry", I meant that you would see a /dev/cu.usbserial "type" entry with characters after it (not that you "type" anything). You have one.

      DVTool should see this. If you are not already running the beta, download and run:

      http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta4-mac.tgz

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 21 7:55 AM
        Did you go through the pages at dvdongle.com? The beta is not documented yet but the concepts are similar.

        1st, do an echo test through the DV Dongle on the Setup/Audio tab to adjust your audio levels

        2nd, pick a repeater/reflector (REF001 Module C is usually busy) from the Connection tab

        3rd, click connect and listen

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Codianni <kd2alv@...> wrote:

        > Hi Robin,
        >
        > Many thanks, your program DVTOOLS 2.obeta4 saved the day. It shows me the Name and seriel # for my Dongle. Last favor, since this is my first time on DSTAR could you direct me to a site on what to do next.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > dc
        > kd2alv
        > On Dec 21, 2011, at 10:12 AM, aa4rc wrote:
        >
        > > If you open a terminal window (Finder: Applications->Utilities->Terminal) and type "ls /dev/cu*", you will see all of the comm devices that the O/S recognizes. There should be a "/dev/cu.usbserial*" type entry for the DV Dongle. If not, the drivers are not installed properly (if you have the green light).

        > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Codianni <kd2alv@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Robin,
        > > >
        > > > The green lights pulses and could you be more explicit abut /dev? Not that familiar with Mac OS.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > >
        > > > dc

      • Daniel Codianni
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 21 7:59 AM
          Hi Robin,

          Yes I am presently reading the DVdongle.com site. Will follow your instructions and THANK YOU very much!

          73,

          Daniel Codianni
          kd2alv