Lion users update

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2011
      For those having issues with Mac OS X Lion, I have built a binary on Lion and have tested it for 48 hours on a connection to REF001. It did not drop once.

      If you are trying to run DVTool on Lion and having issues, send me an email and I'll provide the test binary to you.

    • kg8oc
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2011
        I'm still having problems with lion, but I don't think it's the dvtool. I have noticed my mac doing a split second freeze every few mins. I watched the dongle, and it disconnects right when that split second freeze happens. So, I must have something making my mac do that. Does anybody know of any software I could run that would check my mac for problems that could be causing this problem? Thanks

        73 Tim KG8OC

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

        > For those having issues with Mac OS X Lion, I have built a binary on Lion and have tested it for 48 hours on a connection to REF001. It did not drop once.
        >
        > If you are trying to run DVTool on Lion and having issues, send me an email and I'll provide the test binary to you.

      • Tim Barrett
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2011
          One of the big benefits of the Mac OS is the Apple Support team.

          I have found them to be wonderful.

          You can get the support contact information from the Apple Web Site.

          Tim

          Tim Barrett
          K6BIV

          K6MDD Mt. Diablo D-Star Trustee
          k6mdd@...

          1284.2000Mhz    -12Mhz   Voice
          1249.0750Mhz     Simplex  Data
          147.4750Mhz      -1.000Mhz   Voice

          Phone: 925 427-5197

          This communication is for the intended recipient only and contains information that may otherwise be privileged or confidential. Any use, copying, alteration or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, for any other purpose is strictly prohibited without the permission of the sender.

          On Nov 3, 2011, at 12:46 PM, kg8oc wrote:

          I'm still having problems with lion, but I don't think it's the dvtool. I have noticed my mac doing a split second freeze every few mins. I watched the dongle, and it disconnects right when that split second freeze happens. So, I must have something making my mac do that. Does anybody know of any software I could run that would check my mac for problems that could be causing this problem? Thanks

          73 Tim KG8OC

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

          > For those having issues with Mac OS X Lion, I have built a binary on Lion and have tested it for 48 hours on a connection to REF001. It did not drop once.
          >
          > If you are trying to run DVTool on Lion and having issues, send me an email and I'll provide the test binary to you.

        • richark
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2011
            Tim,

            This is completely separate from the problem Robin was trying to fix, but I had the same 'freeze' problem when I upgraded my mac mini to Lion. I eventually tracked it down to a plist config file for a very old application that was no longer installed. (In my case it was a package to sync my Blackberry phone)

            I don't know why the upgrade to Lion started this, but my system was trying to launch this software that didn't exist every second and eventually it hit some wall. That is when the system would freeze, before starting the cycle over again. I don't know if you ever installed sync'ing software for a Blackberry, but maybe you have a similar piece of cruft left over doing something similar.

            I figured this out by crawling through the console messages, I actually found several pieces of cruft, but none were as bad as the sync software.

            NOTE: I know the real solution was to flatten the box and do a clean install, but I have REALLY enjoyed the macs ability to migrate installations. Not having to re-install all that software and the days it takes to get things back to normal was/is great.

            Good luck finding the problem!

            73,
            Kenny, KU7M

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kg8oc" <timkg8oc@...> wrote:

            > I'm still having problems with lion, but I don't think it's the dvtool. I have noticed my mac doing a split second freeze every few mins. I watched the dongle, and it disconnects right when that split second freeze happens. So, I must have something making my mac do that. Does anybody know of any software I could run that would check my mac for problems that could be causing this problem? Thanks
            >
            > 73 Tim KG8OC
            >
            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@> wrote:
            > >
            > > For those having issues with Mac OS X Lion, I have built a binary on Lion and have tested it for 48 hours on a connection to REF001. It did not drop once.
            > >
            > > If you are trying to run DVTool on Lion and having issues, send me an email and I'll provide the test binary to you.

          • g0eiz
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 21 6:14 PM
              Hi Robin, I know it's an old post, but I recently purchased dv dongle, it runs ok on my iMac, but I use a 2007 macbook for my radio with lion 10.7.5. It will only run for a few seconds to 5mins before locking up! As a last resort, I did a clean lion install. But still no joy! So i guess the binary may help me get it running!

              Paul
              ZL3WPK/G0EIZ