Re: ScannerCast RR with a DV Dongle

  • qjedi7
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 15, 2011
      Yes, I have my DvV Dongle set up on one of my RR feeds. Since one feed is aleady using the existing audio input source I use a USB Headset adapter made by Logitech. I set the DV-Dongle software to use the USB adpater, I then take an audio cable and loop that audio from the out back into the adapter. And then select the headset adapter as the audio source in the software. I am using the RadioFeed RR software but the same setup should work with Scannercast software also.

      Hope this helps!
      73s!
      Arthur
      N4TRQ

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 15, 2011
        Another method is to use the Virtual Audio Cable software. I think Tim got the K6MDD feed working to RR using that.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "qjedi7" <n4trq@...> wrote:

        > Yes, I have my DvV Dongle set up on one of my RR feeds. Since one feed is aleady using the existing audio input source I use a USB Headset adapter made by Logitech. I set the DV-Dongle software to use the USB adpater, I then take an audio cable and loop that audio from the out back into the adapter. And then select the headset adapter as the audio source in the software. I am using the RadioFeed RR software but the same setup should work with Scannercast software also.
        >
        > Hope this helps!
        > 73s!
        > Arthur
        > N4TRQ
        >
        > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <k6biv@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello All:
        > >
        > > Has anyone gotten a DV Dongle to feed D-Star Audio from a source into the ScannerCast RR Software used with Radio Reference?
        > >
        > > If so, how??
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Tim
        > > K6BIV

      • Tim Barrett
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2011
          Hello All

          Yes I did

          I am using the virtual approach

          Thanks

          Tim

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Oct 15, 2011, at 5:38 AM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:

          Another method is to use the Virtual Audio Cable software. I think Tim got the K6MDD feed working to RR using that.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "qjedi7" <n4trq@...> wrote:

          > Yes, I have my DvV Dongle set up on one of my RR feeds. Since one feed is aleady using the existing audio input source I use a USB Headset adapter made by Logitech. I set the DV-Dongle software to use the USB adpater, I then take an audio cable and loop that audio from the out back into the adapter. And then select the headset adapter as the audio source in the software. I am using the RadioFeed RR software but the same setup should work with Scannercast software also.
          >
          > Hope this helps!
          > 73s!
          > Arthur
          > N4TRQ
          >
          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <k6biv@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello All:
          > >
          > > Has anyone gotten a DV Dongle to feed D-Star Audio from a source into the ScannerCast RR Software used with Radio Reference?
          > >
          > > If so, how??
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Tim
          > > K6BIV

        • Fran Miele

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 15, 2011
              One more thing I just remembered and this will depend on your sound card hardware. One of the other laptops that I have used to send DV Dongle audio to an RR feed has a Stereo Mixer in the Record section. And if I enabled this any audio sent to the spkrs was also sent to the mic/line of the sound card and thus allowing me to feed the Dongle audio and this was used with ScannerCast. The only downside of this was any Windows sounds/alerts also got routed to the RR feed. Just another option to look at if your hardware supports it.

              Arthur
              N4TRQ

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

              > Another method is to use the Virtual Audio Cable software. I think Tim got the K6MDD feed working to RR using that.

              > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "qjedi7" <n4trq@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yes, I have my DvV Dongle set up on one of my RR feeds. Since one feed is aleady using the existing audio input source I use a USB Headset adapter made by Logitech. I set the DV-Dongle software to use the USB adpater, I then take an audio cable and loop that audio from the out back into the adapter. And then select the headset adapter as the audio source in the software. I am using the RadioFeed RR software but the same setup should work with Scannercast software also.
              > >
              > > Hope this helps!
              > > 73s!
              > > Arthur
              > > N4TRQ
              > >
              > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <k6biv@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hello All:
              > > >
              > > > Has anyone gotten a DV Dongle to feed D-Star Audio from a source into the ScannerCast RR Software used with Radio Reference?
              > > >
              > > > If so, how??
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > >
              > > > Tim
              > > > K6BIV

            • BEDFORD NEIL
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
                As with all audio devices/uses, if you want just one thing, best to use a totally separate soundcard and bind it to whatever it is you need it to do.  USB sound fobs at $/£1 on a well known auction site is no excuse :-)

                Neil G7EBY.