ScannerCast RR with a DV Dongle

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2011
      Hello All:

      Has anyone gotten a DV Dongle to feed D-Star Audio from a source into the ScannerCast RR Software used with Radio Reference?

      If so, how??

      Thanks,

      Tim
      K6BIV
    • qjedi7
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 15, 2011
        Yes, I have my DvV Dongle set up on one of my RR feeds. Since one feed is aleady using the existing audio input source I use a USB Headset adapter made by Logitech. I set the DV-Dongle software to use the USB adpater, I then take an audio cable and loop that audio from the out back into the adapter. And then select the headset adapter as the audio source in the software. I am using the RadioFeed RR software but the same setup should work with Scannercast software also.

        Hope this helps!
        73s!
        Arthur
        N4TRQ

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2011
          Another method is to use the Virtual Audio Cable software. I think Tim got the K6MDD feed working to RR using that.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "qjedi7" <n4trq@...> wrote:

          > Yes, I have my DvV Dongle set up on one of my RR feeds. Since one feed is aleady using the existing audio input source I use a USB Headset adapter made by Logitech. I set the DV-Dongle software to use the USB adpater, I then take an audio cable and loop that audio from the out back into the adapter. And then select the headset adapter as the audio source in the software. I am using the RadioFeed RR software but the same setup should work with Scannercast software also.
          >
          > Hope this helps!
          > 73s!
          > Arthur
          > N4TRQ
          >
          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <k6biv@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello All:
          > >
          > > Has anyone gotten a DV Dongle to feed D-Star Audio from a source into the ScannerCast RR Software used with Radio Reference?
          > >
          > > If so, how??
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Tim
          > > K6BIV

        • Tim Barrett
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 15, 2011
            Hello All

            Yes I did

            I am using the virtual approach

            Thanks

            Tim

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Oct 15, 2011, at 5:38 AM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:

            Another method is to use the Virtual Audio Cable software. I think Tim got the K6MDD feed working to RR using that.

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "qjedi7" <n4trq@...> wrote:

            > Yes, I have my DvV Dongle set up on one of my RR feeds. Since one feed is aleady using the existing audio input source I use a USB Headset adapter made by Logitech. I set the DV-Dongle software to use the USB adpater, I then take an audio cable and loop that audio from the out back into the adapter. And then select the headset adapter as the audio source in the software. I am using the RadioFeed RR software but the same setup should work with Scannercast software also.
            >
            > Hope this helps!
            > 73s!
            > Arthur
            > N4TRQ
            >
            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <k6biv@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello All:
            > >
            > > Has anyone gotten a DV Dongle to feed D-Star Audio from a source into the ScannerCast RR Software used with Radio Reference?
            > >
            > > If so, how??
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > >
            > > Tim
            > > K6BIV

          • Fran Miele

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 15, 2011
                One more thing I just remembered and this will depend on your sound card hardware. One of the other laptops that I have used to send DV Dongle audio to an RR feed has a Stereo Mixer in the Record section. And if I enabled this any audio sent to the spkrs was also sent to the mic/line of the sound card and thus allowing me to feed the Dongle audio and this was used with ScannerCast. The only downside of this was any Windows sounds/alerts also got routed to the RR feed. Just another option to look at if your hardware supports it.

                Arthur
                N4TRQ

                --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

                > Another method is to use the Virtual Audio Cable software. I think Tim got the K6MDD feed working to RR using that.

                > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "qjedi7" <n4trq@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yes, I have my DvV Dongle set up on one of my RR feeds. Since one feed is aleady using the existing audio input source I use a USB Headset adapter made by Logitech. I set the DV-Dongle software to use the USB adpater, I then take an audio cable and loop that audio from the out back into the adapter. And then select the headset adapter as the audio source in the software. I am using the RadioFeed RR software but the same setup should work with Scannercast software also.
                > >
                > > Hope this helps!
                > > 73s!
                > > Arthur
                > > N4TRQ
                > >
                > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <k6biv@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello All:
                > > >
                > > > Has anyone gotten a DV Dongle to feed D-Star Audio from a source into the ScannerCast RR Software used with Radio Reference?
                > > >
                > > > If so, how??
                > > >
                > > > Thanks,
                > > >
                > > > Tim
                > > > K6BIV

              • BEDFORD NEIL
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
                  As with all audio devices/uses, if you want just one thing, best to use a totally separate soundcard and bind it to whatever it is you need it to do.  USB sound fobs at $/£1 on a well known auction site is no excuse :-)

                  Neil G7EBY.