Re: Registration Query

  • kf7mmn
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 13, 2011
      Norm,

      Thank you for responding!   I would be more than happy to provide what ever information you require to complete the registration.

      I submitted (or I assume I submitted) my registration with KE7JFH a little over 2 weeks ago (I didn't write down the exact date).

      If I need to re-submit, I'm fine with that, but don't want to mess anything up by reapplying if it is not necessary.

      Jeff
      KF7MMN

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Norm" <aa7oo.az@...> wrote:

      > Jeff,
      >

      > I'm the admin for W7MOT in Phoenix. I know the admin for KE7JFH and he is
      > always on top of registrations within a day. We both have email notification
      > as soon as someone starts the registration process.
      >

      > It is always nice to be registered at the nearest dstar site for many
      > reasons.
      >

      > The reason for a delayed approval is more a sensitivity to ensuring the
      > person requesting registration is who they say they are. Remember, once
      > registered a user has access to the global dstar network of gateway and can
      > "key" a repeater in another country. This is a sensitive concern.
      >

      > Most admins do some type of due diligence to validate the person registering
      > is licensed and has some means of being contacted by the admin. In the US
      > that is a FCC lookup and an email confirmation. I request a phone number.
      > It's not a perfect process, but the simplest to follow.
      >

      > One break point in this process and a major reason for a non response by the
      > admin, assuming the gateway has acknowledged you browser request, is a bad
      > email address. I've experienced many on our system. If I can't get an email
      > response after a few attempts, the request is denied. There are some admins
      > that are really into modifying this part of the ICOM gateway software and
      > can request more than the basic call sign and email address.
      >

      > The W7MOT system is mostly unmodified in this area as is KE7JFH.
      >

      > I think you have been very patient, maybe overly. From your perspective,
      > once you submit, there is no feedback and everything seems to goes into a
      > black hole.
      >

      > If you would like to be registered in the Phoenix on KE7JFH, or W7MOT, I'll
      > personally coordinate the effort. We could get it done tonight.
      >

      > Norm
      >

      > Norm Johnson, aa7oo
      >
      > W7MOT Dstar Admin
      >
      > Technical Chair, MARCA

    • Norm
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 14, 2011

        Jeff, Please register at https://w7mot.dstargateway.org/Dstar.do and we’ll get you setup. Norm

        Norm Johnson, aa7oo

        Technical Chair, MARCA

        Thank you for responding!   I would be more than happy to provide what ever information you require to complete the registration.

        I submitted (or I assume I submitted) my registration with KE7JFH a little over 2 weeks ago (I didn't write down the exact date).

        If I need to re-submit, I'm fine with that, but don't want to mess anything up by reapplying if it is not necessary.

        Jeff
        KF7MMN

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Norm" <aa7oo.az@...> wrote:

        > Jeff,
        >

        > I'm the admin for W7MOT in Phoenix. I know the admin for KE7JFH and he is
        > always on top of registrations within a day. We both have email
        notification
        > as soon as someone starts the registration process.
        >

        > It is always nice to be registered at the nearest dstar site for many
        > reasons.
        >

        > The reason for a delayed approval is more a sensitivity to ensuring the
        > person requesting registration is who they say they are. Remember, once
        > registered a user has access to the global dstar network of gateway and
        can
        > "key" a repeater in another country. This is a sensitive
        concern.

        > Most admins do some type of due diligence to validate the person registering
        > is licensed and has some means of being contacted by the admin. In the US
        > that is a FCC lookup and an email confirmation. I request a phone number.
        > It's not a perfect process, but the simplest to follow.
        >

        > One break point in this process and a major reason for a non response by
        the
        > admin, assuming the gateway has acknowledged you browser request, is a bad
        > email address. I've experienced many on our system. If I can't get an
        email
        > response after a few attempts, the request is denied. There are some
        admins
        > that are really into modifying this part of the ICOM gateway software and
        > can request more than the basic call sign and email address.
        >

        > The W7MOT system is mostly unmodified in this area as is KE7JFH.
        >

        > I think you have been very patient, maybe overly. From your perspective,
        > once you submit, there is no feedback and everything seems to goes into a
        > black hole.
        >

        > If you would like to be registered in the Phoenix on KE7JFH, or W7MOT,
        I'll
        > personally coordinate the effort. We could get it done tonight.
        >

        > Norm
        >

        > Norm Johnson, aa7oo
        >
        > W7MOT Dstar Admin
        >
        > Technical Chair, MARCA

      • Jeffrey Jones
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 15, 2011
          Done.  I registered this morning with W7MOT.  Thank you for your time and assistance.

          -Jeff
          KF7MMN

          ________________________________

          wrote:

          > Jeff,
          >

          > I'm the admin for W7MOT in Phoenix. I know the admin for KE7JFH and he is
          > always on top of registrations within a day. We both have email
          notification
          > as soon as someone starts the registration process.
          >

          > It is always nice to be registered at the nearest dstar site for many
          > reasons.
          >

          > The reason for a delayed approval is more a sensitivity to ensuring the
          > person requesting registration is who they say they are. Remember, once
          > registered a user has access to the global dstar network of gateway and
          can
          > "key" a repeater in another country. This is a sensitive
          concern.

          > Most admins do some type of due diligence to validate the person registering
          > is licensed and has some means of being contacted by the admin. In the US
          > that is a FCC lookup and an email confirmation. I request a phone number.
          > It's not a perfect process, but the simplest to follow.
          >

          > One break point in this process and a major reason for a non response by
          the
          > admin, assuming the gateway has acknowledged you browser request, is a bad
          > email address. I've experienced many on our system. If I can't get an
          email
          > response after a few attempts, the request is denied. There are some
          admins
          > that are really into modifying this part of the ICOM gateway software and
          > can request more than the basic call sign and email address.
          >

          > The W7MOT system is mostly unmodified in this area as is KE7JFH.
          >

          > I think you have been very patient, maybe overly. From your perspective,
          > once you submit, there is no feedback and everything seems to goes into a
          > black hole.
          >

          > If you would like to be registered in the Phoenix on KE7JFH, or W7MOT,
          I'll
          > personally coordinate the effort. We could get it done tonight.
          >

          > Norm
          >

          > Norm Johnson, aa7oo
          >
          > W7MOT Dstar Admin
          >
          > Technical Chair, MARCA

          ; <br>
          > One break point in this process and a major reason for a non response by
          the<br>
          > admin, assuming the gateway has acknowledged you browser request, is a bad<br>
          > email address. I've experienced many on our system. If I can't get an
          email<br>
          > response after a few attempts, the request is denied. There are some
          admins<br>
          > that are really into modifying this part of the ICOM gateway software and<br>
          > can request more than the basic call sign and email address. <br>
          > The W7MOT system is mostly unmodified in this area as is KE7JFH.<br>
          > I think you have been very patient, maybe overly. From your perspective,<br>
          > once you submit, there is no feedback and everything seems to goes into a<br>
          > black hole.<br>
          > If you would like to be registered in the Phoenix on KE7JFH, or W7MOT,
          I'll<br>
          > personally coordinate the effort. We could get it done tonight.<br>
          > Norm<br>
          > Norm Johnson, aa7oo<br>
          > W7MOT Dstar Admin<br>
          > Technical Chair, MARCA<br>
          I've<br>
          > been using the system for a little while now and really like it. So much
          in<br>
          > fact that I've recruited a couple guys over and they are now trying to get<br>
          > their dongles setup. <br>
          > > Both of them have gotten stuck at the approval process for some
          reason,<br>
          > and I'm concerned that they are going to lose interest if it isn't
          resolved<br>
          > soon.<br>
          > > I was lucky I guess, that my registration on W5KA was approved in
          less<br>
          > than 24 hours, but my Gramps has been waiting for months and was afraid to<br>
          > try again somewhere else for fear of the "duplicate
          registration" issue. He<br>
          > may have tried another gateway by now though, I'm not sure.<br>
          > > I tried the <a target="_blank" href="http://ki4swy.org">ki4swy.org</a> query tool for their call signs, but they come
          up<br>
          > empty, so I'm not sure where to go next.<br>
          > > Their calls are KD4ZX and KF7MMN. My understanding is that KD4ZX
          tried to<br>
          > register on KE5RCS (the closest repeater to him) and KF7MMN tried KE7JFH,<br>
          > waited for a week or so and then tried W5KA since it worked for me.<br>
          > > Any help you guys can offer will be most appreciated. Thanks!<br>
          > > 73,<br>
          > > Mike AE5UM<br>
          > No virus found in this message.<br>

          <hr noshade="noshade" size="1" align="center" width="100%">

          virus found in this message.<br>