My PTT Button is grayed/greened out

  • Carter
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2011
      Hi Martin,
      I, too, have a DVDongle which shows exactly the same symptom that yours does: The PPT button is grayed/greened out.
      I know that I am registered, as I have been able to use the device on and off before.
      This situation is maddening for me. I have communicated with Robin, and he assures me that he has seen my connects, that is, on the few occasions when the Dongle decides to work. But MOST of the time it does NOT work for me.
      I just don't know what to do.
      Were you ever successful with your DVDongle?
      73,
      Carter Craigie, N3AO
      Blacksburg, VA
      540-250-8184
      carter128@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2011
        Hi Carter. I looked through the connection logs and since 9/24 you have connected to REF030 eight times and REF029 once (using "N3AO A"). On each occasion, you were given transmit rights and actually transmitted (showing that your PTT was not grayed out).

        I can find no log entry showing a problem. Perhaps you could take a screen shot of DVTool when this happens so we can see what is going on.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Carter" <carter128@...> wrote:

        > Hi Martin,
        > I, too, have a DVDongle which shows exactly the same symptom that yours does: The PPT button is grayed/greened out.
        > I know that I am registered, as I have been able to use the device on and off before.
        > This situation is maddening for me. I have communicated with Robin, and he assures me that he has seen my connects, that is, on the few occasions when the Dongle decides to work. But MOST of the time it does NOT work for me.
        > I just don't know what to do.
        > Were you ever successful with your DVDongle?
        > 73,
        > Carter Craigie, N3AO
        > Blacksburg, VA
        > 540-250-8184
        > carter128@...

      • Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2011
          No luck so far. Have been in contact with the local repeater administrator. I am now having trouble completing the registration process. When I go to the D-star repeater gateway registration and sign in, I go to the personal information tab, check on the first box, put a space in the "initial" box, put my call in in lowercase followed by a dash and "dvdongle" - the way I've been told. I then get the following: WARNING : Cannot set it because of wrong registration Zone Repeater call signs. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

          Nothing like frustration to make you feel really ALIVE! Of course, many fragile objects in the ham shack have suffered greatly.

          Good Luck to us both! Thanks to all that have answered my initial question - I at least feel I'm making progress in the right direction.

          Marty

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Carter" <carter128@...> wrote:

          > Hi Martin,
          > I, too, have a DVDongle which shows exactly the same symptom that yours does: The PPT button is grayed/greened out.
          > I know that I am registered, as I have been able to use the device on and off before.
          > This situation is maddening for me. I have communicated with Robin, and he assures me that he has seen my connects, that is, on the few occasions when the Dongle decides to work. But MOST of the time it does NOT work for me.
          > I just don't know what to do.
          > Were you ever successful with your DVDongle?
          > 73,
          > Carter Craigie, N3AO
          > Blacksburg, VA
          > 540-250-8184
          > carter128@...

        • Carter
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 10, 2011
            Hi Robin,
            I will email you the screen shot you requested. You will see that my PTT
            Button is grayed/greened out.
            73,
            Carter N3AO