RE: [DVDongle] PTT Button Not Functional

  • Kent Hufford
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011

      Mine stays grayed out when I am listening to a reflector and not a specific reflector letter like A,B,C.

      If you are listening to a reflectors all three ports, you cannot key all three at once, and have to pick one.

      Kent

      KQ4KK

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011
        Marty:

          Go back to the WB8THD registration page and add a terminal with a space. Click on the Personal information hyperlink on the top right. Check the first box labeled 1:, press your spacebar in the "Initial" to add a space, then add your callsign in lower case in the pcname field. Then you will be all registered up!

        ...DOUG
        KD4MOJ

      • Carter Craigie
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2011

          Hi Martin,

          Were you ever able to find a solution to your problem?

          My DVDongle, like yours, has a grayed/greened out PTT button.

          I have been able to use MY Dongle from time to time, and Robin assures me he has seen my connects, but MOST of the time I am unable to get the PTT button to come up with good black letters on it.

          Did you ever find out how to make yours work properly?

          If so, what did you do?

          I am at a complete standstill/roadblock here.

          73,

          Carter Craigie, N3AO

          Blacksburg, VA

          540-250-8184

          carter128@...

        • Paul Chapman
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 26, 2011
            Have you registered the dongle on the D-Star network? You do NOT have transmit rights until you do. I had to send an email to a repeater keeper who has his repeater connected to the D-Star network. After he put my call-sign on the acceptance list it took a couple of days for my call-sign to be OKed through the network. This keeps unlicensed people from transmitting and breaking the terms of the amateur licence. Interestingly if some one becomes a serious problem then they could be removed?

            73 and 501 from
            Paul G4IJL