Re: PTT Button Not Functional

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011
      Hi Marty. This issue has been raised here many times. I should have already added it to the FAQ. To transmit on the D-STAR network, you need to register. Go to http://www.dstargateway.org for instructions.

      Reflector 001 is the busiest. Unfortunately, it is having an issue right now and is down. Try 014 or 030 for now.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Martin" <makosmd@...> wrote:

      > I received my dongle yesterday and have not had much luck with it.
      > Finally found info to download DVTool 2 beta4 and at least this app starts up and I am able to access my local repeater and my call comes up on dstar users site. My problem is that my transmit button appears to be greyed/greened out and I am unable to transmit. I have searched multiple gateways and have only heard anyone talking on one - is this the norm on D-star?
      >
      > Also, I keep reading about accessing reflector 001 and how this is a crowded spot, but this does not show up in my list of available connections.
      >
      > I am quite disappointed that after paying for this device I have to search for the information to get the device up and running and to trouble-shoot it. Shouldn't I be able to find out about the most stable and usable software on dvdongle.com?
      >
      > Marty
      >
      > KD8QMN

    • Fran Miele

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011
          Marty,
             Hang in there. It has a lot of options and if you have one incorrectly listed, it will not work. Make sure you are registered. Make sure that you have the correct module selected for the reflector selected. If you select * it will listen for all three modules, however you cannot transmit.  It's easy once you figure it out.
                                                                Paul w8jn

          Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
          si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011

            Mine stays grayed out when I am listening to a reflector and not a specific reflector letter like A,B,C.

            If you are listening to a reflectors all three ports, you cannot key all three at once, and have to pick one.

            Kent

            KQ4KK

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011
              Marty:

                Go back to the WB8THD registration page and add a terminal with a space. Click on the Personal information hyperlink on the top right. Check the first box labeled 1:, press your spacebar in the "Initial" to add a space, then add your callsign in lower case in the pcname field. Then you will be all registered up!

              ...DOUG
              KD4MOJ

            • Carter Craigie
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 8, 2011

                Hi Martin,

                Were you ever able to find a solution to your problem?

                My DVDongle, like yours, has a grayed/greened out PTT button.

                I have been able to use MY Dongle from time to time, and Robin assures me he has seen my connects, but MOST of the time I am unable to get the PTT button to come up with good black letters on it.

                Did you ever find out how to make yours work properly?

                If so, what did you do?

                I am at a complete standstill/roadblock here.

                73,

                Carter Craigie, N3AO

                Blacksburg, VA

                540-250-8184

                carter128@...

              • Paul Chapman
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 26, 2011
                  Have you registered the dongle on the D-Star network? You do NOT have transmit rights until you do. I had to send an email to a repeater keeper who has his repeater connected to the D-Star network. After he put my call-sign on the acceptance list it took a couple of days for my call-sign to be OKed through the network. This keeps unlicensed people from transmitting and breaking the terms of the amateur licence. Interestingly if some one becomes a serious problem then they could be removed?

                  73 and 501 from
                  Paul G4IJL