Like dstarusers.org

  • James Martin
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 3, 2008
      I'm brand new to the DV Dongle so I won't let my Dongle
      dingle...sorry...couldn't help it.

      Is there a URL or application that allows one to see the dongle users
      online? I didn't ask Adrian in Australia the other night when I spoke
      to him how he saw my serial number and other info. I've asked others
      but received ambiguous responses.

      Thanks.

      Jim, W1KQ
      Dracut, MA
      Usually found at 'K1HRO C' in the day time.
    • Adrian
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 3, 2008
        http://nj6n.com/dplus/index.php?filter=dngl&limit=&refresh=120

        Covers; K6SOA, K6MDD, KE7MVI, W6DHS,
        W0OMD, W4DOC, KI4SBA gateways,
        There may be more unknown.
        Whatever is covered will show up, but doesn't cover the whole system.
        But there is no other monitor at the moment.

        Adrian

        vk4tux

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 3, 2008
          Thanks a whole bunch Adrian. That's what I was looking for. :)

          Jim, W1KQ

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Adrian <vk4tux@...> wrote:

          > http://nj6n.com/dplus/index.php?filter=dngl&limit=&refresh=120
          >
          > Covers; K6SOA, K6MDD, KE7MVI, W6DHS,
          > W0OMD, W4DOC, KI4SBA gateways,
          > There may be more unknown.
          > Whatever is covered will show up, but doesn't cover the whole system.
          > But there is no other monitor at the moment.
          >
          > Adrian
          >
          > vk4tux
          >

          > On Friday 04 April 2008 6:55 am, James Martin wrote:
          > > I'm brand new to the DV Dongle so I won't let my Dongle
          > > dingle...sorry...couldn't help it.
          > >
          > > Is there a URL or application that allows one to see the dongle users
          > > online? I didn't ask Adrian in Australia the other night when I spoke
          > > to him how he saw my serial number and other info. I've asked others
          > > but received ambiguous responses.
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > Jim, W1KQ
          > > Dracut, MA
          > > Usually found at 'K1HRO C' in the day time.

        • Dale Blanchard
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 3, 2008
            -When I got my Dongle the word around was you could connect to D-Star
            repeaters with out a radio. ( I also Have a radio, but no internet
            connection)
            I can listen but not TX.
            There should be a way to make the Dongle usable for those in the boonies.
            Did I waste $200.00 for nothing.?
            I already blew $400.00 on a D-Star radio that no one is on.
            I always thought if something does not work it is broke.
            Dale
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 4, 2008
              Have you read the FAQ at http://www.dvdongle.com? The question "How
              does one get started and who does the authorization?" covers your issue.

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Blanchard" <wa7ixk@...> wrote:

              > -When I got my Dongle the word around was you could connect to D-Star
              > repeaters with out a radio. ( I also Have a radio, but no internet
              > connection)
              > I can listen but not TX.
              > There should be a way to make the Dongle usable for those in the
              boonies.
              > Did I waste $200.00 for nothing.?
              > I already blew $400.00 on a D-Star radio that no one is on.
              > I always thought if something does not work it is broke.
              > Dale

            • Mark Thompson
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 4, 2008
                Dale -

                You have to be authorized on a gateway in order to transmit with the DV Dongle.

                73, Mark, WB9QZB

                Dale Blanchard <wa7ixk@...> wrote:
                -When I got my Dongle the word around was you could connect to D-Star
                repeaters with out a radio. ( I also Have a radio, but no internet
                connection)
                I can listen but not TX.
                There should be a way to make the Dongle usable for those in the boonies.
                Did I waste $200.00 for nothing.?
                I already blew $400.00 on a D-Star radio that no one is on.
                I always thought if something does not work it is broke.
                Dale

                <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:DVDongle-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:DVDongle-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                73, Mark, WB9QZB
                Chicago, IL

              • kj6jt
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 4, 2008
                  I got your problem solved !!!!

                  http://www.mybluedish.com/?gclid=CKCvr7T7wZICFRwqagod7xW5bg

                  Satellite Internet SpecialAs of 2-20-08 available to 99% of Rural
                  areas!
                  Speeds up to 1.5 Mbps
                  Always on
                  No phone lines
                  Satellite internet questions? Call 800-521-1435

                  Not even a phone line is need , now everybody can have high speed
                  internet access

                  Steve kj6jt

                  --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Blanchard" <wa7ixk@...> wrote:

                  > -When I got my Dongle the word around was you could connect to D-
                  Star
                  > repeaters with out a radio. ( I also Have a radio, but no internet
                  > connection)
                  > I can listen but not TX.
                  > There should be a way to make the Dongle usable for those in the
                  boonies.
                  > Did I waste $200.00 for nothing.?
                  > I already blew $400.00 on a D-Star radio that no one is on.
                  > I always thought if something does not work it is broke.
                  > Dale

                • Dale Blanchard
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 4, 2008
                    --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kj6jt" <kj6jt@...> wrote:

                    > I got your problem solved !!!!
                    >
                    > http://www.mybluedish.com/?gclid=CKCvr7T7wZICFRwqagod7xW5bg
                    >

                    > Satellite Internet SpecialAs of 2-20-08 available to 99% of Rural
                    > areas!
                    > Speeds up to 1.5 Mbps
                    > Always on
                    > No phone lines
                    > Satellite internet questions? Call 800-521-1435
                    >
                    > Not even a phone line is need , now everybody can have high speed
                    > internet access
                    >
                    > Steve kj6jt

                    >Does not solve my problem.
                    I have a internet connection.
                    I do not have a gateway to register with.
                    Dale
                  • Tim Barrett
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 4, 2008
                      Hello Dale:

                      Call me..

                      Tim Barrett
                      K6BIV

                      K6MDD Mt. Diablo D-Star Trustee
                      k6mdd@...

                      1284.2000Mhz    -12Mhz   Voice
                      1249.0750Mhz     Simplex  Data
                      444.1375Mhz      +5Mhz     Voice
                      145.5400Mhz      -0.600Mhz   Voice

                      Phone 925 427-5197
                      Fax      925 427-2269

                    • Vester
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 4, 2008

                        Did you see this at the end on the satellite web site page?

                        “Warning: Satellite internet is not intended to be used for voice over IP (telephone service delivered over the Internet, also known as VOIP), or real-time interactive gaming, where latency caused by sending signals from the earth to the satellite and back again would have a noticeable effect on performance.”

                        Would this be an issue with D-Star?

                        Vester N8EKA

                      • Adrian
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 5, 2008
                          Update that link to;

                          http://nj6n.com/dplus/index.php?filter=&limit=&refresh=120

                          change brings change

                          Will show last 50 users time based across all covered repeaters. Dongle users
                          cant be shown separate anymore but the last ones will be there.

                          vk4tux

                        • n1tai@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 5, 2008

                            Digital...VOIP.Yes..