blind and trying to use dongle

  • dal747400
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2011
      Hi folks,
      I am having performence issues with the dv dongle.
      I am totally blind and use both the jaws for windows screen reader version and the window eyes screen reader version 6.1 on my xp machine.
      and also the same jaws but on my windows 7 machine its window eyes 7.5.

      I went thru the trouble of installing the java version and the accessible java runtime.
      The performence is less than optimal with the audio breaking up.

      Please do not recomend using dvtool beta 4 as it will not work for blind people.

      Any help would be appreciated.
      73
      KB2CSN
    • dadsgal2
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2011
        Hi,

        I am also using the Java version of the DV Tool. Here are some things I have found useful for getting good performance from the dongle:

        - I use the headphones with a mic

        - I have "Java Sound Audio Engine" selected for my Audio Output

        I hope this helps,

        Sharon KJ4TPQ

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "dal747400" <dal747400@...> wrote:

        > Hi folks,
        > I am having performence issues with the dv dongle.
        > I am totally blind and use both the jaws for windows screen reader version and the window eyes screen reader version 6.1 on my xp machine.
        > and also the same jaws but on my windows 7 machine its window eyes 7.5.
        >
        > I went thru the trouble of installing the java version and the accessible java runtime.
        > The performence is less than optimal with the audio breaking up.
        >
        > Please do not recomend using dvtool beta 4 as it will not work for blind people.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        > 73
        > KB2CSN

      • dadsgal2
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2011
          Hi KB2CSN,

          I am using Java version 1.05. Here are two things I have found helpful:

          1 - using a headset with a mic
          2 - using the Java Sound Audio Engine selection for the Audio Output setting.