Re: dvDongle goes to sleep

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
      Hi Jeff. Have you tried downloading the latest USB drivers from ftdichip.com? They have had issues in their older drivers.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jeff@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > were you able to resolve this? I have the same exact issue on my MBP. It's a Mid 2009 MBP with 4GB RAM. My Win7 Netbook with 1GB RAM has no problems with the dongle, so this should be more than enough machine for it.
      >
      > Thanks for any insight.
      >
      > NY1M (Jeff)
      >
      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Herschel Holmes <herschel.holmes@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Robin here are the specs
      > > Mac 27 inchProcessor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 DuoMemory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
      > > Generally when I run the dvDongle I have nothing running but my email software.

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
        I did. Both the 32 and 64 bit versions have been tried.

        Has anyone been able to successfully run the software on Lion?

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
          I ran it on Lion for a couple of days without issue.

          Robin

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jeff@...> wrote:

          > I did. Both the 32 and 64 bit versions have been tried.
          >
          > Has anyone been able to successfully run the software on Lion?
          >
          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Jeff. Have you tried downloading the latest USB drivers from ftdichip.com? They have had issues in their older drivers.

          > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jeff@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Hello,
          > > >
          > > > were you able to resolve this? I have the same exact issue on my MBP. It's a Mid 2009 MBP with 4GB RAM. My Win7 Netbook with 1GB RAM has no problems with the dongle, so this should be more than enough machine for it.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks for any insight.
          > > >
          > > > NY1M (Jeff)

        • Tony C
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 11, 2011
            Hi Guys,

            I am having the same problem, with a imac 7,1, but my problem only occurred since upgrading to Snow Leopard from Leopard. I have reinstalled beta 4 and also the ftdi driver, but still happens on the mac. The dongle works fine on my netbook running Windows XP??

            I have been told by more than one reliable source that Lion is full of bugs, so I wont be going any further with upgrades at the moment

            any other ideas would be most welcome

            73

            Tony

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 11, 2011
              Hi Guys, I have just encountered the same problem, but only after upgrading to Snow Leopard from Leopard. My dongle worked perfect until the upgrade??

              Any other ideas would be most appreciated??

              I have re-installed beta 4 and also Ftdi driver

              I have a imac 7,1 and the dongle works fine on my net-book running XP

              I have been told by more than one reliable source not to go upgrade to Lion as its full of bugs??

              73

              Tony

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 11, 2011
                Hi,

                I too am having the same problem but only since upgrading from Leopard to Snow Leopard,

                any more possible cures would be most welcome??

                73

                Tony

                --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "herschel.holmes" <herschel.holmes@...> wrote:

                > I'm operating a Mac system. When I log onto a repeater everything is fine but after 5 to 10 minutes the Dongle's blue light goes out and the green light starts pulsing. I then have to hit the stop and close button and then open and start again so I can communicate. Is this normal?

              • Stefan Rydberg
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 12, 2011
                  Hi
                  I use Lion now and the Dvdongle sleeps after a shile for me to. Had no problems in Leopard before and the Dvdongle works fine in Windows and Linux.
                  73 de SM7TIX

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 12, 2011
                    Hi Stefan. How long is a while? Could you provide the last few lines of the text log when this happens?

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 12, 2011
                      Hello and thanks for the interest.
                      It takes maybe 5-10 minutes before it sleeps. The blue light swithc off, but still it recievers text. History updates but no sound and you cant use ptt.
                      I use the beta 4 release. Where is the textlog located? I am very familliur with linux but not so much with OS X :)
                      Br SM7tIX

                    • Susan Mackay
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 13, 2011
                        I run Lion (10.7.1) with the latest beta DVTool software and I'm having no problem (I have even run a Net using it).

                        In my case I was on Snow Leopard on my Macbook Pro; bought a new iMac with Lion and then did a "migration" from the MBP to the iMac. This brought over all of the old drivers (which I believe are still the latest version).

                        Also, the dongle is run from a USB hub rather than directly off the iMac which should (in theory) make any communication/timing errors more evident.

                        73 Susan VK3ANZ

                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 21, 2011
                          Anybody solved it? I still cant get it running om my fresh installed ilion on my Macbook Air. It was fine in Leopard.
                          I would like to to show it on a big event the 1 october. Anybody can solve it for me remote?
                          73 de SM7TIX

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 22, 2011
                            Hi Stefan. What do your power settings look like in System Preferences? Make sure that you don't have it set to turn anything off.