Re: I have a dream ... Dstar voting

  • pedro_y_pinacolada
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2008
      hum ... I have read that somewhere, we could extract BER packet. But i
      dont remember ...

      So, if DVSI chip is able to do that, maybe can we use DvDongle to do
      the same.

      Know, this BER data have to be transmited to the centralized
      appliance. I thought about the 1200Bds DD space in DV, but it wont be
      compatible with other stuff like DPRS or Terminal Communication. So,
      maybe could we use a full DD 128kb/s and this BER info could be
      integrated into a UDP packet.

      But what about the delay for full transmition and BER voting ? because
      of BER extraction with DVSI chip, integration into a DD transmition
      and BER voting, the delay could be so udge that the transmission will
      be terminated before any voting occurs 8(

      hum hum ...

      Pierre

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "William Stillwell" <wkstill@...> wrote:

      > Well, the RSSI doesn't do anything.. Is always Zero Volts on my UHF
      Deck.

      > To get the BER you have to run the AMBE packets thru the dongle, and
      then
      > find the BER Rate. But I am not sure moe has setup the dongle for that
      > mode.. I believe there configured for full duplex, pcm + ambe in ,
      ambe +
      > pcm out, you would need to look at the dvsi chip specs, and there
      firmware
      > may need to be tweaked.

      Behalf
      > Of Mark Krotz
      > Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 10:02 AM
      > To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [DVDongle] I have a dream ... Dstar voting
      >

      > > If your local to the machine, and a remote use keys, whatever data
      > > stream gets to the controller for outbound tx, wins.
      > >

      > That's more of a 'priority input'. True voting would be a particular
      signal
      > getting into multiple sites, and the one with the best quality being
      > selected to repeat. That's why he mentions RSSI (Received Signal
      Strength