Installing DV Dongle on a MacBook

  • brad_k9mhz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2011
      Sorry about this, guys....I know it's an incredibly dumb question, but I'm stumped.

      I'm trying to install DVDongle on a MacBook per their instructions, but can't get it past the loopback phase. It does recognize the device on the USB port, but when I hit START, I get an error message on the very bottom: unable to find ascpserialdimac, even though that file did extract OK and is present in the same folder as the Java file, etc. I did install the ftdi drivers OK.

      Thanks a million....I know it's something embarrassingly simple that I'm missing.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2011
        Hi. You get that if you don't install the dvtool folder on your desktop.

        The better thing to do is to download the current beta at:

        http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta4-mac.tgz

        and use that. It should work much better.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2011
          Thanks Robin...just downloaded it and tried it. Came right up and works nice!

          Best,

          Brad, K9MHZ