Re: DV Dongle software ?

  • John
    Message 1 of 11 , May 12, 2011
      The DV Dongle and D-RATS serve two entirely different purposes. The D-RATS list is probably the best place to get other people's experiences.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Beau <n9mfk@...> wrote:

      > Hi All m new here
      > does the DV Dongle wok with D-Rats
      > were can i find more info on how to do it ?
      > 73 Beau n9mfk
      > <http://d-rats.danplanet.com/wiki/>

    • Rudy Benner
      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2011
        Yes, instructions in the included documentation.

        ve3bdr

        were can i find more info on how to do it ?
        73 Beau n9mfk

      • Beau
        Message 3 of 11 , May 12, 2011

          Hi  Rudy,
          wood that be D-rats documentation or DV Dongle?
          73 n9mfk

          On 5/12/2011 2:57 PM, Rudy Benner wrote:

          Yes, instructions in the included documentation.

          ve3bdr

          were can i find more info on how to do it ?
          73 Beau n9mfk

        • Matt Maguire
          Message 4 of 11 , May 12, 2011
            In fact, you don't need any dongle at all to do D-RATS, D-RATS will connect to the ratflector directly over your Internet connection.

            Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 13, 2011
                    If you want to exchange d-rats traffic with someone on an RF repeater from the internet a DV dongle is useful. you use the dongle to connect to their RF repeater, and do d-rats with them. it takes careful setting of the d-rats software to deal with the extra delays and transmission startup times, but it can be done.

                    If you want to exchange d-rats traffic with someone on a d-rats reflector, or someone else on a dv-dongle, your best bet is to take the dv-dongle out of the loop and do d-rats over the internet on both ends (via the d-rats reflector, not something like REF015C)

                    -debbie, N9DN

                    On May 13, 2011, at 6:58, Rudy Benner wrote:

                    > It works with the DV Dongle. Just need to agree on a destination. REF0015C works.

                  • Beau
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 13, 2011

                      hi Debbie,
                      just looking at RF side were can i find more info settings needed in d-rats
                      Thanks Beau  N9mfk

                      On 5/13/2011 4:08 PM, Debbie Fligor wrote:

                      If you want to exchange d-rats traffic with someone on an RF repeater from the internet a DV dongle is useful. you use the dongle to connect to their RF repeater, and do d-rats with them. it takes careful setting of the d-rats software to deal with the extra delays and transmission startup times, but it can be done.

                      If you want to exchange d-rats traffic with someone on a d-rats reflector, or someone else on a dv-dongle, your best bet is to take the dv-dongle out of the loop and do d-rats over the internet on both ends (via the d-rats reflector, not something like REF015C)

                      -debbie, N9DN

                      On May 13, 2011, at 6:58, Rudy Benner wrote:

                      > It works with the DV Dongle. Just need to agree on a destination. REF0015C works.

                    • Debbie Fligor
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 18, 2011
                        On May 13, 2011, at 21:53, Beau wrote:

                        > hi Debbie,
                        > just looking at RF side were can i find more info settings needed in d-rats

                        There used to be some info on the d-rats wiki page. if it's not there, I know of two other places to find it. one in the d-rats mailing list archive where there are a few discussions on it, and second, we have info for using a single RF repeater hop on our local ARES webiste:

                        http://www.wa9res.org/D-RATS_basics.html

                        I hope that helps.

                        -debbie, N9DN