Dongle Software for Mac

  • nohairretired
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
      Where do I get the dongle download software for Mac? Thanks
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
        You can download the latest from:

        http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta4-mac.tgz

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nohairretired" <cekaiser@...> wrote:

        > Where do I get the dongle download software for Mac? Thanks

      • bkanne
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 12, 2011
          Hi Robin:

          I downloaded the new MAC software and loaded it on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.7. I also loaded the driver for the dongle.

          Two issues have been observed:

          1. The Mac now takes a v e r y l o n g time to boot.

          2. When I used the dongle, it worked as advertised, however in listening to various conversations, it will "hang" on a single sound and create a buzzing sound.

          I tried all the typical Mac cures for the booting issue, but no improvements have been noted.

          Any other feedback or things to try?

          Tnx,
          Barry

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 12, 2011
            Hi Barry. It sounds like there may be an issue with the FTDI drivers and 10.6.7. Have you been to the FTDI website to see if there are any updates? http://www.ftdichip.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 12, 2011
              Hi Robin:

              I am using the latest driver for the VCP version of the chipset. Is this correct, or should I use the D2XX version?

              Thanks,

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 12, 2011
                Hi Robin:

                I found an earlier answer and it appears that the VCP version, which is what I have, is the correct one. I will see if I can remove the driver installation to see if that will improve the boot time. If not, the I will try to re-install it from a fresh download from the FTDI site. Any other suggestions are welcome.

                73,