[Dongle] Re: DV dongle (blue) and windows 7

  • cgaux319@att.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 14, 2011
      i am up to the point i can transmit to k4dso and receive back so i appear in the list of last heard. the audio test goes ok with a headphone and mike combination. i went on k4dso and took out the entry with the S after my call. entered another with a space after my call and changed to wb5msb-dvdongle. what i cannot do now is get into the software to change mycall urcall rpt1 or rpt2. making progress but not communicating yet.

      73
      david wb5msb

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 15, 2011
        Hi David. You change mycall in the callsign box. The urcall/rpt1/rpt2 fields are handled in software.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "cgaux319@..." <cgaux319@...> wrote:

        > i am up to the point i can transmit to k4dso and receive back so i appear in the list of last heard. the audio test goes ok with a headphone and mike combination. i went on k4dso and took out the entry with the S after my call. entered another with a space after my call and changed to wb5msb-dvdongle. what i cannot do now is get into the software to change mycall urcall rpt1 or rpt2. making progress but not communicating yet.
        >
        > 73
        > david wb5msb
        >

        > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi David. The only terminal you registered was "S". You might want to register the "blank" terminal as outlined at http://www.dstargateway.org/. If you don't wish to register another terminal, you will need to make sure you put the "S" in the eighth position of your callsign in DVTool.

        > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "David" <cgaux319@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > with the beta I can connect to k4dso but it will not open to put in mycall rp1 rp2 etc. in the black window it is showing me who is connecting etc. it seems to respond down to “login ok transmit not permitted”.
        > > >
        > > > went to the site for the driver and do I want the vcp or d2xx version for windows 7 ??
        > > >
        > > > I have the laptop hooked to the internet through a wireless connection. if you think we could clear this up quicker through a telephone call today, please let me know the number and time to call. I am on central time.
        > > >
        > > > 73’s
        > > > David Ihle, WB5MSB

      • David
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 16, 2011
          Thought I would provide some feedback.  I am up with the dvdongle and dvtool beta. have made contacts off refl 1 and the k4dso the local repeater.  thanks much to all who provided the encouragement and good tech advice I needed to get started.  next step is to get a Dstar radio by the end of the summer. again thanks much
          73,s David WB5MSB

          Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 9:02 PM
          Subject: [DVDongle] [Dongle] Re: DV dongle (blue) and windows 7

          href="mailto:DVDongle%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:DVDongle%40yahoogroups.com, "David" <cgaux319@> wrote:

          > > with the beta I can
          connect to k4dso but it will not open to put in mycall rp1 rp2 etc. in the black window it is showing me who is connecting etc. it seems to respond down to “login ok transmit not permitted”.

          > > went to the
          site for the driver and do I want the vcp or d2xx version for windows 7 ??

          > > I have the laptop hooked to the internet through a
          wireless connection. if you think we could clear this up quicker through a telephone call today, please let me know the number and time to call. I am on central time.

          > > 73’s
          > > David Ihle,
          WB5MSB

          13, 2011 7:35 AM