New User Experience

  • Ian Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2011
      Hello,

      I started two weeks ago with a DVDongle and my Acer Aspire netbook. My netbook runs Jolicloud and worked straight away using the 1st version of DVTool although the DVTool display is too big for the screen. ( Using alt +f8 allows the screen to be moved and the [start] button appears where it can be seen ! )

      I then moved to the beta version DVTool-2.0beta4-linux and the fun and games started. I decided to try it on my desktop and couldn't get it to run properly. An E_Mail to Robin pointed me in the right direction.

      I did a clean install of Lubuntu ( no pulse audio ) and it worked straight off, BUT, didn't recognise my Logitech 555 headset.
      I moved a copy of DVTool beta ( which didn't work properly but did recognise my headset ) from my Ubuntu PC to the new Lubuntu set up and, guess what ?? my headset appeared, and it works !!

      How easy was that ???

      Cheers Ian..