RE: [DVDongle] FTDI Driver CDM20802/08 under Win XP SP3

  • Woodrick, Ed
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2011

      For Windows 7, as long as the computer is plugged into the Internet when the DVDongle is first installed, the correct drivers should be detected and downloaded automatically. You might want to remove the device in device manager and start all over.

      If you are having black screen issues with Windows XP, then my guess is that somehow there’s a resource conflict.

      There’s a lot of people who have successfully installed on Windows 7 and XP, I personally have done it on a bunch of Win7 boxes with no issues.

      Ed WA4YIH

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23, 2011
        At 12:31 AM 2/23/2011, Woodrick, Ed wrote:
        There�s a lot of people who have successfully installed on Windows 7 and XP, I personally have done it on a bunch of Win7 boxes with no issues.

        Just FY'all's I,

        I had no trouble installing both DVDongle and DVAP on my Win7 Pro 64 bit laptop. However, a fellow stopped by my booth at the Orlando HamCation (great hamfest!), and noticed that I had both devices running. He couldn't get DVTool going on his Win7 laptop. The program would install and launch, but reported a comm port problem when he tried to "open" it.

        Robin recommended the universal solution - get the FTDI drivers. We did, and DVTool worked. And it was using a different comm port that it had been.

        Note that his laptop had some "issues." On launch, it reported several problems (not DVTool related), and it wouldn't close properly - he had to shut it down with a brute-force power button. That may have been part of his problem, but getting the drivers per instructions on www.dvdongle.com made it work.

        73,
        Gary KN4AQ

        ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News
        Gary Pearce KN4AQ