Re: DVDongle 2.0 beta4 in Ubuntu with Bluetooth headset

  • yhfub88
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "oe8bck" <christof.bodner@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > I am working with DVTool successfully with my Ubuntu 10.10 and 10.04 systems. DVTool.jar (1.05) works with pulseaudio, but in order to start up DVTool-2.0beta4-linux I first have to disable and kill pulseaudio.

      When I kill pulseaudio, it keeps coming back.
      Any tips on getting DVTool 2.0Beta running in 10.10 ?
    • oe8bck
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2011
        Hi!

        PulseAudio restarts if you kill it, that's true. But if you disable it before killing it, it won't start up again. This can be done in the file ~/.pulse/client.conf by setting autospawn. After DVTool has finished, you can enable it again so it gets restarted automatically. For this purpose I've written a wrapper script.

        ---
        sed -i 's/^autospawn = yes/autospawn = no/' $HOME/.pulse/client.conf cat $HOME/.pulse/client.conf

        echo "killing pulseaudio..."
        killall pulseaudio

        echo "starting DVTool..."
        $HOME/Desktop/DVTool/DVTool-2.0beta4-linux

        echo "enabling pulseaudio autospawn..."
        sed -i 's/^autospawn = no/autospawn = yes/' $HOME/.pulse/client.conf cat $HOME/.pulse/client.conf
        ---

        This script is working on my box and it's a quick hack!

        73 de Christof