DV Dongle that does nothing

  • ad7lq
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2010
      I have followed all instructions, downloaded the driver and the latest DV tool. It seems to load OK, both sound test are OK. But I am still getting nothing. Dave Thompson gave me a few ideas but still nothing. I have tried all the reflectors, i.e. RE0001... and some repeaters including the one that I am registered to (NU7TS) all nothing. I have tried logging on with six different computers, 3 lap tops and 3 desk tops, all nothing. Any ideas before I return this dv dongle. I even let my son try doing it (he is a ham), and still nothing. Stan AD7LQ, email mtwalit@....
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2010
        Hi Stan. When you say "does nothing", what do you mean? When you click "Open" does it show the serial number of the unit and the lights start flashing? When you connect to a reflector, does it show connected? Are you just not hearing anyone?

        IF you have not already tried it, download http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta4.exe and try it.

        Reflector 001 module C, reflector 003 module C, and reflector 014 module C are some of the more busy reflectors. You might try those.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ad7lq" <ad7lq@...> wrote:

        > I have followed all instructions, downloaded the driver and the latest DV tool. It seems to load OK, both sound test are OK. But I am still getting nothing. Dave Thompson gave me a few ideas but still nothing. I have tried all the reflectors, i.e. RE0001... and some repeaters including the one that I am registered to (NU7TS) all nothing. I have tried logging on with six different computers, 3 lap tops and 3 desk tops, all nothing. Any ideas before I return this dv dongle. I even let my son try doing it (he is a ham), and still nothing. Stan AD7LQ, email mtwalit@...

      • Edwin Crowell
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 16, 2010
          what version are you using?  I thought I was using the an up to date version, but it wouldn't work until I downloaded dvtools 2.0Beta4.  Then it started working.  a beta version is usually not fully released, so by definition is not a current version.  now, back to my first question: what version are you using?   73, Ed

          On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:30 AM, ad7lq <ad7lq@...> wrote:

          I have followed all instructions, downloaded the driver and the latest DV tool. It seems to load OK, both sound test are OK. But I am still getting nothing. Dave Thompson gave me a few ideas but still nothing. I have tried all the reflectors, i.e. RE0001... and some repeaters including the one that I am registered to (NU7TS) all nothing. I have tried logging on with six different computers, 3 lap tops and 3 desk tops, all nothing. Any ideas before I return this dv dongle. I even let my son try doing it (he is a ham), and still nothing. Stan AD7LQ, email mtwalit@....

        • Andrew T
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2010
            Probably need to understand what is not working

            Do you get the comfort noise?

            Can you press the PTT button to transmit?

            Has your callsign been fully registered. Sometimes you need to go back to the registration page and set up a PC name. I had this with one of my friends where they had to set up the callsign even though they received an email saying they were registered. They were registered to set up the callsign.

            He could hear things but not TX

            Andrew