DV Dongle with separate USB microphone and speakers

  • playford
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2010
      Hello group.

      I have had terrific success with the Logitech USB headset and the DV dongle. During the SET I discovered however, that there are times it would be preferrable to use a separate microphone and computer speakers. I purchased a USB microphone and have computer speakers. The microphone purchased is a Gigaware Desktop microphone.

      When trying to use this configuration I get no audio from other stations coming out of the speakers, and no audio output from the microphone (even in the test mode).

      Anyone have any ideas before I take the microphone back and scrap this idea?

      73 de John, WD8LQT
    • Brian Naylor

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
          Hi Brian,

          I changed the settings within the dv dongle software with no joy.

          Tested the microphone using the onboard windows recording app and it picks up the audio.

          Quite a mystery to me.

          John