DV DONGLE on Windows 7

  • firediver238
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
      I have upgraded pc's and recently dug out the dongle i have had for the last year or 2. I am registered with the WU5PIG group in Arkansas. My problem is that my new computer is running Windows7. I am not having any luck loading the dvtool software. Has anyone else had this problem or can help with a fix.

      Thanks
      Josh
      KE5MHV
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
        Hi Josh. Try http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta4.exe on your win7 boxes.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "firediver238" <firediver238@...> wrote:

        > I have upgraded pc's and recently dug out the dongle i have had for the last year or 2. I am registered with the WU5PIG group in Arkansas. My problem is that my new computer is running Windows7. I am not having any luck loading the dvtool software. Has anyone else had this problem or can help with a fix.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Josh
        > KE5MHV

      • Francis Miele
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2010
          I installed the dvtool-2.0beta4 and it installed without difficulty and works fine

          --Fran, W1FJM

          On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:43 PM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:

          Hi Josh. Try http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta4.exe on your win7 boxes.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "firediver238" <firediver238@...> wrote:

          > I have upgraded pc's and recently dug out the dongle i have had for the last year or 2. I am registered with the WU5PIG group in Arkansas. My problem is that my new computer is running Windows7. I am not having any luck loading the dvtool software. Has anyone else had this problem or can help with a fix.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Josh
          > KE5MHV

        • vk2ah
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2010
            Hi Josh,
            I had the same problem. I got the DV Dongle to work by looking in PRINTERS and OTHER DEVICES.
            There i found a file Ft232R USB UART. Clicking this and running this file the DV Dongle came into life and now works perfectly.
            I hope this is of a help.
            Regards Brian Farrar VK2AH QRV on VK2RDS C

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "firediver238" <firediver238@...> wrote:

            > I have upgraded pc's and recently dug out the dongle i have had for the last year or 2. I am registered with the WU5PIG group in Arkansas. My problem is that my new computer is running Windows7. I am not having any luck loading the dvtool software. Has anyone else had this problem or can help with a fix.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Josh
            > KE5MHV

          • firediver238
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
              Thanks everyone I think I got it. See you on the air.

              Josh
              KE5MHV