Re: [DVDongle] JA repeater

  • John Hays
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
      Because they don't run DPLUS.  (They also are not on USRoot Trust and don't use G2).  Contact JARL to find more details.

      On Sep 21, 2010, at 5:09 AM, Perrin wrote:

      Why we haven't JA repeaters on DVDongle ???

      John D. Hays
      Amateur Radio Station K7VE
      PO Box 1223
      Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
      VOIP/SIP: john@...
    • Chris Fowler
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
        On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 12:09 +0000, Perrin wrote:

        > Why we haven't JA repeaters on DVDongle ???

        To use the DVDongle the gateway must be running D-Plus.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
          HI Perrin. The JARL is somewhat restrictive towards repeaters in Japan. They control all of the D-Star repeaters and just recently allowed hams in Japan to contact repeaters outside of Japan. I think they are still running the original version of the Icom gateway software.

          Hopefully, they will someday relax the restrictions they place on Japanese hams.