JA repeater

  • Perrin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
      Why we haven't JA repeaters on DVDongle ???
    • John Hays
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
        Because they don't run DPLUS.  (They also are not on USRoot Trust and don't use G2).  Contact JARL to find more details.

        On Sep 21, 2010, at 5:09 AM, Perrin wrote:

        Why we haven't JA repeaters on DVDongle ???

        John D. Hays
        Amateur Radio Station K7VE
        PO Box 1223
        Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
        VOIP/SIP: john@...
      • Chris Fowler
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
          On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 12:09 +0000, Perrin wrote:

          > Why we haven't JA repeaters on DVDongle ???

          To use the DVDongle the gateway must be running D-Plus.
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
            HI Perrin. The JARL is somewhat restrictive towards repeaters in Japan. They control all of the D-Star repeaters and just recently allowed hams in Japan to contact repeaters outside of Japan. I think they are still running the original version of the Icom gateway software.

            Hopefully, they will someday relax the restrictions they place on Japanese hams.