Re: [DVDongle] Re: OK I have purchased a DVDongle... now what!

  • J. Moen
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 13, 2010
      The DVTool application for the DVDongle will allow you to link to repeaters and reflectors all over the world.  If you don't mind talking to someone in another country, you can nearly always find someone to talk to, 24 hours a day.

      One trick -- go to http://www.dstarusers.org/ to get an updated list of D-Star user transmissions very recently heard.  Check out the reporting node and link to that.  You may connect in within a couple of minutes of their last transmission, and they will probably still be there.

      Connect to one that looks interesting to you.  Frequently you can announce yourself or even call CQ and discover someone else was monitoring and will talk to you.

      Good luck!

         Jim - K6JM