Re: Installing DV Dongle

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 27, 2008
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "David" <w7sac2@...> wrote:

      > Newbie Problem, Got my dvdongle control yesterday and started to
      > install it last night and everything beautiful, everything was
      > fine and all the drives were found and loaded and I was right at
      the
      > end and I was moving my mouse to the next final step and Bingo It
      > kicked me right of installation and back to DV Dongle start page. I
      > tried to retreave it with no luck and search my computer and can't
      find
      > any where in my system. I don't know what I did or what caused it
      > loose all the up load and would appreciate any help or inputs from
      the
      > Members. In the mean time I'll search the archives for more info.
      > Thanks, Mac

      Hi Mac. When you say "DV Dongle start page", are you talking about
      the web site dvdongle.com? Do you already have the DVTool-dist.zip
      file somewhere on your pc? If so, just open it and extract it to
      your desktop so you have a DVTool folder on your desktop. Then
      double click on the DVTool folder and then on dvtool.bat.

    • David S. McCallum
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 27, 2008
        Thanks for the reply Robin, It was the page that discribes the system and also where you start to install it, the site that is referenced in the paper inside the box . I think I was right at that point where everything was working fine and BOOM I was back to DVDONGLE.com page where I started (I Guess) to up load everything, My green light was blinking (right now it's still blinking but VERY SLOW). I'll go look again to see where that ZIP file might have gone. will let ya know, Thanks. Mac

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 27, 2008
          Me Again Robin, I did a complete search of my computer and can not find anything any where for the system at all, no zip file (as ref.d) and nothing on DVDONGLE program at all. Any suggestions?,,,,Mac/David

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 27, 2008
            Robin I replied to your email, 2 inputs but haven't seen it here yet
            or recieved a recommendation back, I hope you got them ok, Mac

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 27, 2008
              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "David S. McCallum" <w7sac2@...> wrote:

              > Me Again Robin, I did a complete search of my computer and can not
              find anything any where for the system at all, no zip file (as ref.d)
              and nothing on DVDONGLE program at all. Any suggestions?,,,,Mac/David

              If you follow the installation instructions on dvdongle.com, e.g. go to
              http://dvdongle.com and click on Installation it will walk you through
              the process. In the instructions there is a link to the software for
              download and extraction.

              Robin
            • David S. McCallum
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 27, 2008
                Well thats what i did last night step bystep Robin but i'll try again, thanks. David/MAC

                > Me Again Robin, I did a complete search of my computer and can not
                find anything any where for the system at all, no zip file (as ref.d)
                and nothing on DVDONGLE program at all. Any suggestions?,,,,Mac/David

              • DALE BLANCHARD
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 28, 2008
                  I got my Dongle. Got it set up with a few problems.
                  Now I either know how to use it and it is not working, or it is working
                  and I do not know how to use.
                  How do I get registered so I can transmit.
                  I seem to connect, but have not heard anything yet.
                  Dale
                • Bill Hosking
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 29, 2008
                    Dale, my experience sounded similar. It took some playing with the sound
                    settings on my computer and it depends on what audio device you are using. I
                    use a headset(usb), so the first thing I had to do in the dvdongle program
                    is select the usb audio device. Next it took some playing with the AMBE
                    loopback enabled to get the received audio right. Good luck, it will work
                    :-)
                    Bill W7JSW
                    >I got my Dongle. Got it set up with a few problems.
                    > Now I either know how to use it and it is not working, or it is working
                    > and I do not know how to use.
                    > How do I get registered so I can transmit.
                    > I seem to connect, but have not heard anything yet.
                    > Dale

                  • David S. McCallum
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 29, 2008
                      Dale I'm having the some of the same problems, it's on now and had it on last night, my call sign is in there and I had all the nice flashing lights and the "*" is in the MODE box.....This is a wild job, I think I forgot to save the DVTool to my desktop last night but did a search and found it but when I open it all I get is,,,ABOUTBOX.SESSIONS and MAINFRAME.SEESIONS. I'm confused,,,,Mac
                      >I got my Dongle. Got it set up with a few problems.
                      > Now I either know how to use it and it is not working, or it is working
                      > and I do not know how to use.
                      > How do I get registered so I can transmit.
                      > I seem to connect, but have not heard anything yet.
                      > Dale

                    • David S. McCallum
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 29, 2008
                        I see some calls on there now but no audio and they are in RED, Mac

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 29, 2008
                          Hi,

                          I anticipated this type of proplem before i bought and set up my DV
                          Dongle. Here is how I solved this problem. I first contacted a local
                          D-Star repeater and established contact with a tech person / sysop
                          who would 1st encourage and or allow me to join his system with D-Star
                          connectivity and a D-Star Gateway . You have to initally have access
                          to and set up a reference that the DV Dongle can use at both your DV
                          Dongle end and you must be registerered and set up on the Digital D-Star
                          side of the repeater to have all of this work, once set up ...
                          it works very well. and in the process as my case you have a wonderful
                          D-Star repeater system I now belong to, have someone group local to me
                          with technical ability should problem arise. the Digital D-Star
                          hardware and sofware is in it's starting phase ..

                          Good luck, and hope to catch you on the Digital Gateway

                          Steve kj6jt

                          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, DALE BLANCHARD