Re: [DVDongle] Connect with the National Scout Jamboree via Amateur Radio

  • Lricha
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 214 KB
    It sort of looks hopeless from here

    --- On Wed, 7/28/10, Dennis Rogers <n5vrp.satx@...> wrote:

    From: Dennis Rogers <n5vrp.satx@...>
    Subject: Re: [DVDongle] Connect with the National Scout Jamboree via Amateur Radio
    To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 9:42 PM

    WD5STR, K5CTX, WB5UNH, and others, but do not connect to them.

    Instead connect to REF030 Module B.

    There ar the usual HF frequencies listed on JOTA website.

    Dennis, N5VRP

    On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Lricha <lricha2001@yahoo. com> wrote:

    what repeater in texas -- not hf

    From: "ki4ozg" <trace12002@yahoo. com>
    Sender: DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com
    Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:31:06 -0000
    To: <DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com>
    ReplyTo: DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com

    The Boy Scouts of America National Jamboree started yesterday, July 26 and runs through August 4 at Fort AP Hill, Caroline County, Virginia.

    They are operating amateur radio station K2BSA and in addition to various HF frequencies and EchoLink they will also be on the air via D-STAR from the Jamboree site and will be using the WS4VA 2 meter repeater (145.320 MHz, -600 kHz split) which will be linked Reflector 30B.

    I was able to check in with them yesterday and I'm sure they'd love to hear from any and all D-STAR users. If you have the time, please check in with them and help further promote D-STAR, ham radio, and scouting.

    You just may help a few scouts earn a Radio Merit Badge.

    --

    Dennis, N5VRP
    n5vrp.satx@gmail. com