Vox with the DV Dongle

  • g0wyg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2010
      Hi I have a project going here using the DV Dongle and have lots of interest but hit a brick wall, what i need is to add is VOX to the DV Dongle software, any help or suggestions thanks.

      Dave
    • Chris Fowler
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2010
        On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 04:46 +0000, g0wyg wrote:

        > Hi I have a project going here using the DV Dongle and have lots of
        > interest but hit a brick wall, what i need is to add is VOX to the DV
        > Dongle software, any help or suggestions thanks.

        xsendkey?

        You need to detect audio on the mic line then use xsendkey to send the a
        spacebar press to the window that is the DVDongle program. I don't
        think this would work well but I've used it in other applications.

        I'm not sure what the Windows equivalent would be.
      • g0wyg
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2010
          Hi thanks for the reply, is this application for linux?, i could try linux if it will key teh software.

          Thanks

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 18, 2010
            Hi no this application does not do what i need it to do, thanks anyway.

            Dave

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 18, 2010
              On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 20:00 +0000, g0wyg wrote:

              > Hi thanks for the reply, is this application for linux?, i could try
              > linux if it will key teh software.

              Yes but I don't think it will be that easy. You first need to develop a
              method to detect audio from the analog radio. When you do that you can
              then tell xsendkey to key the dongle software.