DV Dongle cutting out...

  • Daren Diers
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2010
      Hello,

      I am currently using a MacBookPro with the DV Tool 2.0 beta software. I have found that when connected to reflectors, I am missing parts of the conversation. The strange thing is that it's not R2'ing or cutting in or out... it is simply cutting out complete sections of conversation. I know that sounds confusing but this is what I mean. I was listening to a net last night on one of the reflectors and the conversation would be going back and forth between two or three people. What would happen is when the conversation is turned over to a different person, their entire comment/transmission would not be heard and then it would pick up again when presumable the guy I didn't hear turned it back over again. The strange thing is that it seems to be completely arbitrary. It doesn't always happen with the same person. I may hear him fine for a few minutes and then he drops. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. I mentioned it on the air and was given the suggestion that it may be a question of bandwidth and my internet connection. But, I'm on a high speed DSL. And if that were the case, wouldn't it cut in and out rather than completely drop the conversation? My internet connection supports video chat over Skype just fine so I don't think it's a bandwidth problem on my end. Also there seems no time limit on the missing segments. They may be 5 seconds or 30 seconds, however long their comments last. Then it will pick right back up and I may hear his next comment. Frustrating.... Anyone have any ideas?

      And just one last thing. Could someone provide me with a link for the latest Dongle software for the MAC? I can't seem to remember where I got the copy I have and I would like to install it on another computer. The link provided on the "official" website is not for the beta version that I'm running. Which by the way... otherwise works great.

      Thanks.

      Daren
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2010
        Hi Darren,

        You can find the DVTool 2.0beta2 for Mac here.

        http://www.opendstar.org/tools/

        I get a slightly different problem than you. My DV Dongle disconnects on its own even though the DV Tool indicates it is still connected (Yellow and Blue LED go out and Green LED returns to slow pulsing). I'm using a MacMini but I also have a MacBookPro I plan to use.

        John - W9EN