Errors due to PC Hardware Problems?

  • Jerome
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2010
      I have (2) idetical Compaq Presario Desktops (2Ghz, with 1GB RAM). Both running with the latest 2Beta4 DVtool Software. One works perfectly no Red LED Packet Errors and Clear Sound. The other has consistent RED LED Packet Errors and VERY glitchy Sound, with the same dongle.

      I have tried reinstalling the DVtool Software and Drivers, with no change in result.

      Has anyone else experienced this scenerio?

      Any suggestions on how to cure it?

      Thanks,
      Jerome
      WD4CWG
    • Charles Scott
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2010
        Jerome:

        Which operating system are these running? Do you know how to look at the
        list of tasks/programs running on those systems and the system/memory
        load to see if there's anything different in what those computers are
        doing? Are they connected to the network in exactly the same way? Are
        there differences in what is connected to each of these systems?

        Chuck - N8DNX