Re: [DVDongle] Mac Install Problem

  • Tom Power
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2010
      Hi Rob:

      First Make sure you have the latest FTDI driver from here:

      http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/MacOSX/FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_14.dmg

      Also version 2 of the Dvtool software is out.

      http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta2-mac.tgz

      Hope this helps. I run mostly MAC and some linux so let me know if you
      have other questions.

      Tom
      W8RED

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Tom Power
      Email:
      tepower@...
      tepower@...
      AIM IM: W8RED
      Yahoo IM: W8red
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      On Mar 14, 2010, at 12:28 PM, giebelr wrote:

      > OK Mac experts, here's my problem.
      >
      > I use a MacBook Air. I can download the DV Tool to my download file,
      > just fine.
      >
      > I can then drag the file from "download" to "desktop".
      >
      > When I launch DV Tool.jar from the folder, per the instructions, DV
      > dialog window comes up OK.
      >
      > When I click "Open", I get an error that it can't find
      > "ascpseriald.imac".
      >
      > I'm stumped. The files are in the same folder and the folder is on
      > the desktop.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rob
      > KJ3C

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Tom Power
      Email:
      tepower@...
      tepower@...
      AIM IM: W8RED
      Yahoo IM: W8red
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    • John Sobkowicz
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2010
        Rob,

        Don't open DVTool.jar - that's for Windows.  Open the dvtool file with no extension, then wait a bit while the terminal window is opened and some commands are run.  After 30 seconds or so, you'll see the DV Dongle window.

        73,

        John

        --
        John Sobkowicz