DVTool 2.0beta4 Video question

  • kq4kk
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2010
      I've only had a DV dongle 1 day, so I am learning, tho I've had DSTAR radios for about a year. I loaded the "original'? DV tool 1. something from the DV dongle web site, as listed in the little sheet in the box and got the dongle working. Had some issues with drivers, since I am running Windows 7 ultimate on a DELL D830, but got it working.

      Then I downloaded 2.0beta4 and got it working too. BUT, for lack of another term, all the text is "scrunched" up together. The boxes with text, cut off the right side of the text and I cannot expand the window. There is no option to expand. So, I cannot read all the data in the colums.

      I tried resizing my screen size, it did not help. Must be something simple. but what?

      thanks in advance
      Kent
      KQ4KK
    • Woodrick, Ed
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2010

        Are you running at the native resolution of your monitor? Have you changed the system font size?

        There’s a number of folks running it on 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 with essentially no issues. I suspect that there is something unique about your environment that  might be causing the issue.

        Ed WA4YIH

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010

          Are you running at the native resolution of your monitor?

          YES

           Have you changed the system font size?

          YES

          Tried those things first.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010
            This most often happens when you have changed your fonts to large size. Right click on your desktop background and select "Properties". Then select the "Appearance" tab and change the "Font size" to "Normal".

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Kent Hufford" <khufford@...> wrote:

            > Are you running at the native resolution of your monitor?
            >
            > YES
            >
            > Have you changed the system font size?
            >
            > YES
            >

            > Tried those things first.

          • Kent Hufford
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 15, 2010

              I have a Dell D830 laptop that's native resolution is 1920 x1200. The default font size was LARGE so I can SEE the text in all my applications. My other choices in Windows 7 is Medium or Smaller. So I changed it to Smaller, and the words in DVTool 2.0beta4 fit now.  So, I have to leave the laptop set to Smaller for all my other programs, just because DVTool requires it and is not sizable, like all my other Windows programs??

              It will not take me long to figure out if it is more important to run DVGTool or see my other programs.

              Kent

              KQ4KK

              This most often happens when you have changed your fonts to large size. Right click on your desktop background and select "Properties". Then select the "Appearance" tab and change the "Font size" to "Normal".

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Kent Hufford" <khufford@...> wrote:

              > Are you running at the native resolution of your monitor?
              >
              > YES
              >
              > Have you changed the system font size?
              >
              > YES
              >

              > Tried those things first.

            • Woodrick, Ed
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 16, 2010

                I’d suggest leaving the system font at default size and then decreasing the resolution of you monitor. This will effectively make the fonts big again.

                While the DVTool might be the only one that you are seeing with the font problem, there actually are a number of applications that have issues if the system font size is changed.

                Ed WA4YIH