Re: DVTool PTT Button

  • wy1u
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2010
      **** See messages 2270 and 2272. -Tim WY1U

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kj4feq@..." <kj4feq@...> wrote:

      > Yes the idea came from echo link. I like the idea of a key different than the mouse.
      >
      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@> wrote:
      > >
      > > That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start
      > > talking, and another to release the PTT.
      > > Have not heard of a hot key.

    • Klaus
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 12, 2010
        It is possible to overcome the problem with external PTT control in following way:
        After DVTools PTT function via spacebar button has been activated, control also is possible by using an EXTERNAL keyboard additionally. So for PTT control you can either simply add a switch in parallel to it's space button or ( much more elegant ) by simulating same function with using a small microcontroller circuit. I did it by using an ATTINY45 processor together with one of those cheap PS/2 to USB adaptors.

        Klaus, DJ7OO